chapter 30 lia goes back to work

-2 months later- Hazel is 6 months-
Lia is holding Hazel. Sophie comes in. "You don't want to let her go, huh?" She said. "I have to start work tonight, and I am going to miss her." She said. "I know it's hard, but I believe that you are doing a good thing for Hazel and yourself." Sophie said. "Yeah, thank you. I would do anything for Hazel, even if I have to be away from her every night." Lia said. "You do what you have to Lia, I believe in you." Sophie said.

"Speaking of, how are nursing classes going and the intern job?" She asked. "It's so great my dreams are coming true, and I couldn't be happier." Sophie said. "I'm so glad, and I am happy that you are happy." Lia said.

-a couple hours later-
Mrs. Parker comes over. "Hey Mama, you know I could send her to your house." Lia said. "No lia, this is her home. She would feel more comfortable in her own home." Mrs. P said.

"Thank you so much for doing this for me." She said. "You're welcome. Now go before you get fired on your first day." She laughed. Lia smiled, kissed Hazel, and left.

-another couple of hours later, at Lia job-
Lia busses tables, and she is swamped with dirty tables. "Amelia, there's another table for you to clean!" A waitress said. Lia is feeling overwhelmed. She feels like she can't do any of this and just wants to go home, but she gets through it for Hazel.

-a few hours later, when Lia gets home from work-
"How's Hazel?" Lia asked. "She is sleeping." Mrs. P said. Lia walked into the nursery and saw her baby sleeping peacefully.

"I never thought this job would be so hard, but I got through it for Hazel." Lia said. "The things you do for your children, I know it will be hard, but you will get through it. I promise you that." Mrs. P said. "Thank you, I'm so glad I have so much supportive people in my life." She said. "You will always have me, Lia, but I'm going to call it a night, I need some sleep." Mrs. P said. "Ok, goodnight, see you tomorrow." She said. Mrs. Parker left.

-the next morning-
"How was your first day on the job?" Em asked. "It was horrible, but thinking of Hazel helped me through it." She said. "So what do you want to do about it?" Em asked. "What do you mean?" Lia questioned. "Are you going to quit?" She asked. "No, I am serious about this. I am going to do this for the rest of my life if I have to, for Hazel." She said. "Ok, I am sorry, ok, but if you're unhappy, how do you think that will affect Hazel's life?" Em asked.

"I want to give Hazel everything she wants in life to be happy, and if I have to be unhappy to do that, then I will do that because all I want in life is for her to be happy." She said. "Wow, you are such a good mother." She said. "I've always wanted to be a better mother than my mom." Lia said. "You are more a mother than your mother ever will be." Em said.

556 words not including this