chapter 24 thanksgiving dinner

-one month later-
"Is Sophie coming to Thanksgiving dinner?" Em asked. "I don't know, let me call her." Lia said and called Sophie. "Hey sis, what's up?" Sophie asked. "Are you going to have Thanksgiving dinner with us?" Lia asked. "Yeah, of course." She said. "Ok, we are having dinner at Mrs. Parker's house." Lia said. "Ok, I'll be there at 5, see you then." Sophie said and hung up. "She is coming." Em said. "Yep, I can't believe it's Hazels first Thanksgiving, I am thankful for her!" Lia said. "I know, me too. She is the best thing that happened to you." Em said. "Are you ok, Em?" She asked. "Yeah, I just heard that Garrett is marrying that bitch that kidnapped Hazel." Em said. "I am so sorry. She makes me scared to let Hazel out of my sight." She said. "I know, I don't understand why people do that stuff. What's wrong with people these days." Em said. "I don't know, let's get ready for the dinner." She said. "Ok, this is the cutest little onesie." Em said. "I know, thank you." She said and got Hazel and herself ready. Em got ready also.

Hazel in her outfit^^

-a couple hours later-
They go to Mrs. Parker's house. "Hey girls, hey Hazel." Mrs. Parker said. "Hey Mrs. Parker." Em and Lia said. "Sophie is coming to dinner, if that's ok?" Lia said. "Yeah, the more the marrier." She said. "Great, she will be here soon." Lia said.

-an hour later-
Everyone sat to eat and Sophie is about to eat. "Soph, wait, we say grace in this house." Lia whispered. "Oh, I'm sorry." She said. Mrs. Parker said grace. "What's everyone thankful for?" Mrs. Parker asked. "I am thankful for Hazel, and Em for letting me stay with her." Lia said. "I'm thankful for Lia and Hazel, they brought me joy and helped me through so much pain." Em said. "I'm thankful for my job and my sister, who was always there for me." Sophie said. "I'm also thankful for Lia, and for her bringing Hazel into this world, so we all could have a piece of Noah." Mrs. Parker said. Lia smiled. They eat dinner.

-after dinner-
Mrs. Parker picked Hazel up. "You're doing so great with her, lia." She said. "Thank you, I'm trying my best." She said. "Yeah, I understand." Mrs. Parker said.

399 words not including this