Arc 6.9

With the birth of Gu Fe, Gu Chen and Ke Ning's son, they now have to decide whether to go to the base or live independently.

Qiang Zhuang and Le Yi are sure to not go to the base, however, it's different for Gu Chen and Ke Ning. Qiang Zhuang wanted to keep the couple so that a doctor could constantly monitor his lover, but it still depend on their decision.

Meanwhile, inside the room, Gu Chen and Ke Ning already decided. While lying down, getting ready to sleep, Ke Ning said,

"Husband, it's nice to stay here. We don't have to worry about other people."

"Mn."

"We don't have to face those bastards everyday."

"Mn."

"... I said, let's stay here, okay?"

Gu Chen finally opened his closed eyes and looked at his wife funnily.

"What are you laughing at?!" Ke Ning pouted angrily.

Gu Chen let out a chuckle, "I meant, we will stay here. We will not live at the base."

Ke Ning snorted with a tilt in her mouth, "that's what I thought you said!"

After everything was stable, Gu Chen went to approach the couple and wanted to tell them their decision.

Finally settled, they now have to adjust their time going out to collect supplies. Unlike the base, the supplies that they can gather won't have to be shared by many people, however, the men and their defense will slightly be vulnerable.

Whenever it's time to collect supplies, Qiang Zhuang and Gu Chen were the ones to go out, while Le Yi and Ke Ning stay behind to guard their little base but most of the time take care of the little baby.

As Le Yi looks at Gu Fe, he can't help but remember his and his hubby's children from the last world.

"Having that longing expression, do you want to adopt a child?" Ke Ning jokingly asked in a soft tone.

"Well, we don't need to adopt. We have our own," Le Yi replied with a smile.

Ke Ning did not think any wrong about his words. Her only thought was that Le Yi and Qiang Zhuang have each other, they don't need anyone.

Unknown of the couple's true identities, Ke Ning continued teasing her son.
.......
Having finalized the decision to not go to any base, the heavens does not seem to want to cooperate with the plan.

A few weeks later, the system immediately said the bad news.

[Dear Host! There are waves of zombies coming our way!]

Le Yi was slightly alarmed, but his face showed no obvious expression.

'What's the estimated time they'll arrive and why so suddenly?'

[They will wreck havoc in this place in about three days, considering that they have become faster. If I'm not mistaken, which I am not, the people in the base have become dense which makes the human smell stronger. The zombies will pass by this city and will eventually destroy the places they will pass by.]

'Tsk. So troublesome.'

[Indeed. What do you want to do, Host?]

'Just buy an item that'll mask our smell.'

.....a difficult yet easy way. The system was speechless for a while.

Masking their smell is a good way for them to go unnoticed. But, in order to be sure safe and sound, Le Yi told his hubby and the couple.