Arc 7.4

The next morning, Zhou Shan was awakened by the comfortable knead in his waist. He comfortably groaned and slowly opened his eyes.

What greeted him early in the morning is the full-of-vitality appearance of his very handsome man.

"Good morning, my wife."

"Husband, good morning," hearing his hoarse voice, Zhou Shan froze and the memories of their wedding night flooded his mind. His face suddenly became beet red.

"Drink water first," chuckled Lai Long.

He continued, "my wife worked hard last night, must be feeling hungry." Lai Long rubbed his wife's stomach.

Zhou Shan was ashamed but he was trying hard not to show it and even looked at his husband with a somewhat angry look.

Seeing this, Lai Long stopped laughing, hugged his puffing wife and said, "I'll be gentle next time."

"Hmph!" was the only reply he got.

"Here, eat your breakfast."

Zhou Shan finally smelled the aroma of the food Lai Long made. He felt embarrassed for a while but that thought disappeared just how fast it came, and he deeply think that this was...normal?

He was contemplating for a while, when suddenly his husband started feeding him. He tried to take the chopsticks from him but seeing him not budging, he resigned to his fate and opens his mouth whenever the food is in his mouth, which, of course, made his wife-slave husband smile dotingly. Zhou Shan also started feeding his husband which made Lai Long's smile more gentle and a bit idiotic? Zhou Shan helplessly sighed at his man.

After the the two finished the food, Lai Long suddenly stood up, went to the cabinet, and took a secure wooden box. He handed it to his wife as if offering him a treasure.

Zhou Shan was amused by his lao gong's actions and took the box curiously. Lai Long sat up again, lifted Zhou Shan, and place him in his lap, hugging him from behind.

"Open it," Lai Long softly said.

Zhou Shan did what he said and was shocked to find out what's inside.

There were several taels of silver and a thick stack of silver banknotes.

Seeing his eyes suddenly went round in shock, Lai Long couldn't help but kiss his cheeks and forehead repeatedly in endearment, his wife is so cute, can't help it.

"Where did all these come from?" Waking up due to the kisses, he quickly asked his husband where he got all these money.

Lai Long was not planning on hiding it from his wife, so the moment the beloved wife asked, the husband excitedly told him about his great adventure in the army.

Turns out that Lai Long personally killed one of the general of their enemy. And it was not just any general, but a well-known general who's infamous for his abusive and barbaric actions.

Lai Long was greatly rewarded. More than that, he was recruited to work at the army starting with the position of general!

Thinking about it, Lai Long was very fortunate that he declined resolutely at the offer, or else.....

He looked down at his little wife who was attentively listening to his story. Frowning and showing distress when he heard him say about his hard condition defending at the border and showing a proud smile when he hears of his victories,

He couldn't be more delighted that he chose the right decision to come back to the village despite his unwillingness to go back to his so-called family, else, he wouldn't have met his beloved wife who hooked his heart the instance they met.