Arc 3.6

"Ah'Ya, always be careful and dont neglect yourself." Zhou Shan seriously said. Today is the day when Zhou Ya will go to the training ground to cultivate her self.

The Imperial Duke looked at Zhou Ya lovingly with a bit of heartache. Though he wants her to immediately strengthen herself as to not be implicated in the future, he still felt reluctant. This is the first time that her grandaughter would be away from them for a verly long time. He is an Imperial Duke, but he is also a grandfather. No matter how happy he is to finally have someone follow his footsteps, there are still those worries that clouded him. Especially on what happened to his son and daughter-in-law who were soldiers.

Still, he hardened his heart and forced himself to trust his grandaughter. It is also for her own good in the near future, especially when the crown prince has taken a liking to her. Even though he can resist and protect his grandaughter for a while, it still wouldnt be forever. Inevitable things are bound to happen no matter how powerful one is.

Imperial Duke opened his mouth and resolutely said, "Make us proud when you return."

Zhou Ya's eyes reddened. She naturally know that one of his grandpa's reason why she was allowed to be a soldier was to protect herself. Having already experienced her last life full of pain and regrets, she naturally would not waste her second chance to get stronger, especially at the thought that the past has a very big probability on repeating again.

Zhou Ya rushed towards her family for a hug. She tried to control her tears on gushing out afraid that he'd be teased by her brother.

Zhou Shan was amused. He raised his hand and touched Zhou Ya's head, "You can cry for the last time. Brother wont mind." After his words, Zhou Ya was not anymore polite. She sobbed. Still lowering her voice. After crying, she immediately remebered something and suddenly looked at her brother.

"T-that, brother...general Wu--"

"Call her brother-in-law." Zhou Shan interrupted with a chuckle.

"You just met a few days ago!" She indignantly said.

"Dont worry. I know he's the only one."

Seeing and hearing his answer and expression, Zhou Ya has no longer words to say. She withdraw from the warm hug.

"You guys take care of yourselves! Once I'm back, you'll definitely be very proud of me!" Zhou Ya confidently said. Her soft temperament suddenly changed to a strong and determined personality.

"Now that is what a Zhou is!" Grandpa Zhou praised.

He and his grandson smiled as they see off Zhou Ya.
...........................................
The moment Zhou Ya stepped out of the luxurious carriage, what greeted her was the vast and dry land. The hot wind blows toward her face making her soft and white skin itch.

Just as she was in a trance, the neigh of a horse getting far away caught her attention. She looked back and found that that the carriage she rode was getting far and far away from her.

Little Three who was with her thought that she's hesitating. Just as he open his mouth to say something, Zhou Ya turned her face towards the front and determinely said, "Let's go!"

Seing her decisive and resolute face, Little Three changed his words to, "Follow me."

Time Skip~

During these five years of training and cultivating herself , Zhou Ya finally felt the feeling of getting heavy chains surround her body and being dragged into the deepest of sea. If she didnt work hard to free herself and swim back as fast as she can, then she can only watch the light getting far and far away from her. Letting the heavy chains dragged her body deeper and deeper in to the sea and slowly but painfully feel the feeling of suffocation until she die.