Arc 3.1

When Shen opened his eyes, an open book is in his hands making him think that the original owner was reading a book before he transmigrated over. When he looked around the surroundings, no 'modernity' can be found. The wooden tables, chairs, bed, and every furnitures found in the room has hinted that he is currently in an ancient world.

Before he could ask for the plot and memories from his system, there was a knock on the door and a respectful voice echoed.

"Gongzi, the Imperial Duke has called for you."

"I'll prepare now." Shen cautiously aswered.

It didnt take a while for his 'preparations'. He walked to the door and slowly opened it. He glanced towards the servant and made him lead the way.

An old man was currently sitting while reading a letter silently. It seems that the letter he's reading left him in a bad mood since he frowned.

The moment he saw the old man frowning, Shen immediately said, "Grandpa, frowning like that, arent you afraid of growing old fast?"

From that short walk, Shen immediately grasped the original owner's identity.

*****
He is called Zhou Shan. And the old man before him is the Imperial Duke, his grandfather.

Zhou Shan is an intellegent young man. Coupled with his background, he simply is a person everyone wants to befriend and make connections with. However, he has a weak body that renders him to frequently go out. Besides, he always keeps himself away from these things and instead isolate his self inside his room, even lasting for how many months if not for his little sister and grandfather always beckoning him to eat together everyday.

He and his sister lost their father and mother at a very young age leaving the Imperial Duke having to take care of them himself, thus explaining why the 3 of them are close.

Life seemed smooth for them, not until the female lead appeared.

Bai Daiyu came from a poor family. Though the family can be barely fed, she did not suffer from any abuse and can even be considered living a happy life.

One day, she saved Zhou Ya, Zhou Shan's little sister, as she saw that she was being attacked by the bandits. She used hereslf as a lure and even got injured. At the end of the day, both of them were safe and since then, they had become bestfriends.

As they get older, both of their faces and bodies naturally keep up with the changes of the time. Zhou Ya was still naughty, while Bai Daiyu was restrained as always.

The crown prince, Wang Haoran, is the fiance of Zhou Ya. Unexpectedly, he also got feelings for her bestfriend, Bai Daiyu. A year after the marriage between him and Zhou Ya, the crown prince, then took Bai Daiyou as his concubine.

Though showing a gentle and happy look, Zhou Ya was actually very uncomfortable. Since she was married, the 2 has barely talked to each other. Suddenly meeting after a year, who wouldnt be uncomfortable?

But, as the days gone by, the 2 slowly ignited their friendship once again.

Feeling that Bai Daiyu is the only one she can trust, she told her of her pregnancy. Bai Daiyu showed a surprise and happy look and immediately promised that she'll keep it a secret from the crown prince and would help her surprise him.

But, could that be so easy?

2 months later, Zhou Ya died.

So, what is the role of Zhou Shan to strengthten the bond between Wang Haoran and Bai Daiyu?

At the news of his sister's death, the old man had a heart attack that almost lost his life. Zhou Shan was in grief and was bedridden for a while. During these difficult times, Wang Haoran has mostly seized the men under the Zhou family. When Zhou Shan had enough strength, he vowed to investigate and avenge his sister's death.