Arc 3.2

A few days later

"Where is my little sister going?" Zhou Shan asked as he saw Zhou Ya preparing to board the carriage.

Zhou Ya who heard her brother's voice quickly turned her head around and shouted 'big brother!' as she ran through his directions spreading her arms as if wanting a hug.

Seeing this, Zhou Shan's cold face melt into a soft smile and he also opened his arms to hug his little sister.

"Big brother! Its not like you to come out without being called by the old man and me!"

Zhou Shan was quite amused at her words. He lightly tap her head and as if scolding, "You little girl! If grandpa heard you right now, you might get your ass kicked." He chuckled.

"Well, shh. Be quiet then." Zhou Ya grinned.

Zhou Shan was the one who break the hug first. He looked at his sister and said, "Dont let me repeat my question."

Zhou Ya answered, "Just playing outside like the same old days."

Zhou Shan stared at her. He finally let out an 'Hm' sound followed by "I want to go out as well. Accompany brother first."

Zhou Ya was surprised and before she could voice out any word, she saw her brother board the carriage. She hastily followed and stutteringly questioned, "M-my dear brother! H-how come?! I mean its not like you to go out and see the world beyond your room!"

"You naughty girl. Brother just wants to see the outside world. Cant I?" He lightly pinched her ear.

"Brother! Y-you...do you finally found out how boring it is staying in only one place and decided to explore the outside world?"

Zhou Shan helplessly sighed and did not anymore replied. He dazedly watched the scenery outside. Zhou Ya seeing her brother's expression decided that its probably better to just stay quiet.

Zhou Ya is a talkative person and cant just stand not saying a single word in 10 seconds and so after a while she asked, "Brother where do you want to go?"

"I'm not familiar. You lead the way."

"Un! Okay!" Zhou Ya excitedly said.
.........
Zhou Ya had brought her brother to various places overseeing beautiful sceneries and fun places. Talking all the way without getting tired.

Zhou Shan got tired of his sister's inexhaustable energy but still not seeing the female lead. Finally, Zhou Shan pointed out the way where his sister went to in the original plot where she encountered Bai Daiyu.

"Let's go there." At his words, Zhou Ya who has been excited all the way in touring her big brother noticeably paused. Her facial expression unnatural.

Zhou Shan frowned, "What's the matter?"

"B-brother. Its not safe there." Zhou Ya said making Zhou Shan felt that there is something wrong with what she said.

In the original plot, why did she even went there knowing that its dangerous.

"Why do you think its not?" Zhou Shan raised an eyebrow.

"W-well. I heard from the people here that there are some wandering bandits there. And beside, what's fun going there? Its all trees and bushes and grasses."

Seeing her not-so-honest eyes refraining to look at him directly, Zhou Shan once again let out an 'Hm' sound. Then he continued,

"Brother wants to see trees and bushes and grasses. So lets go there. Besides, you dont have to worry about the bandits." He pointed outside. Zhou Ya knows her brother refers to those shadow guards outside.