Part 7.7: A Man Enters

For the next couple of weeks things continued on as they had been, with us going to the bar every weekend, plus a few through-the-week trips for pool

For the next couple of weeks things continued on as they had been, with us going to the bar every weekend, plus a few through-the-week trips for pool. When not at the bar or hanging around with James & Derrick I was home playing video games with Rodney. I was still off work from the car accident, so I was finding getting out of the apartment rather therapeutic.

One day after one of those weekday jaunts James messaged me on IRC.

^James: Hey, Carmen. What's up?

Asterixx: Nothing at all, just vegging out in front of the computer and cranking some Priest. You?

^James: Same, but with Girlschool instead of Priest. Did you notice anyone different at the bar last night?

Asterixx: No, not really. There was hardly anyone there. I wasn't paying attention anyway, while we were playing pool. Why?

^James: There was a guy there who saw you and wants to meet you.

Asterixx: Oh, really? Is it anybody I know?

^James: No, I don't think so. I've been chatting with him quite a bit for the past two weeks or so. He messaged me after seeing you there one evening and wondered about you. I told him all kinds of stuff about you, and asked him a lot about himself, too, before I agreed to hook you guys up. If I'm gonna play cupid I'm not wasting my time on the unworthy.

Asterixx: So you think he's worthy, do you?

^James: Yes, I do. He's from Liverpool and travels to the city with friends. He's right around our age and he doesn't drink, he just goes out to be with friends. He was in a relationship for 10 years but broke up about a year ago, so he's the relationship type. He was very happy when I told him that you were too. I told him we would be at the bar last night, and he was going to come to meet you, but he chickened out and stayed on the other side of the bar and just watched us. I knew it was him, and was trying to wave him over every time you weren't looking, but he kept shaking his head and looking away. He's pretty cute, and apparently just as bad at flirting as you are.

Asterixx: Sounds like a match made in heaven. How do I talk to this guy?

^James: He is on IRC right now. I've told him you're online, but he doesn't know your user name. Want me to give it to him?

Asterixx: Are you crazy? Of course I do!

^James: Ok, I will. His user name is Brayden28.

I remembered seeing Brayden28 in the channel many times. Aside from saying Hi to a few people here and there he didn't interact much, at least not in the public channel.

When he finally did message me we seemed to hit it off straight away. He told me he noticed me playing pool at the bar one evening a few weeks ago and thought about approaching me, but thought that James and I were together. He asked a friend of his if we were, and the friend told him he didn't think so, so he asked James about me on IRC.