Chapter 1

-Megan

I'm Megan Pete, The motha fuckin' talk of the town

I just turned 18, I am currently facing the task of figuring out college-related matters. However, due to my academic struggles, I am unsure if pursuing higher education is the right path for me. I am contemplating dropping out and disregarding the whole idea. Despite this uncertainty, I have some talent in rapping and have gained popularity as an Instagram and Facebook model. I'm also a wig influencer on TikTok, which allows me to showcase different hairstyles frequently.

My mother is a nurse, while my father is uninvolved and lacks responsibility. He tends to become aggressive towards my mother when things don't go his way, yet she remains committed to him. I have a 16-year-old sister named Monie, We have an on-and-off relationship.

On a brighter note, I have a boyfriend named Jordan, and we have been together since I was 16, maintaining a healthy relationship. Apart from these details, there isn't much more to know about me; therefore, let's continue with the story.

*

As I sit on my bed, the sound of my mom and dad arguing reaches my ears for the third time this week. To drown out their voices, I listen to music.

"FUCK YOU LISA!", I heard my dad shout at my mother before slamming the front door shut. I took my air pods out and placed my phone on my bed next to my laptop. I walked out of my room to go check on my mom to make sure she was okay.

"Are you okay?", I asked my mother in a low tone.

I took a seat next to her and rested my head on her shoulder, noticing the hint of tears in her eyes.

"I don't know what I did wrong..", my mom said as she sniffled. My mother is the most hardworking woman I know. As soon as she arrives home from work, she prepares dinner and tidies up the house. I make an effort to help her, but often she prefers to be left alone because she is overwhelmed with stress.

"Why was he so upset?", I asked while rubbing her back. She looked at me and let out a little chuckle, "You know how your dad gets girl, It wasn't anything serious. I promise."

I fail to understand. I am unable to grasp the reason behind her decision to remain with him, despite the fact that he physically abuses her, verbally assaults her, and only views her as a means for sexual satisfaction. Each night, their activities reach my ears, and it deeply saddens me that my mother is unaware of her value.

Like my grandma Sandra told me before she died, "It's important to realize no matter how good you are to people, it won't make them good to you."

"I love you, momma." I said while hugging her tightly.

I was curious about what she saw in him, but I didn't want to give her the impression that I was being disrespectful towards her. So I just kept quiet and hugged her for a while and told her how much she meant to me.

"I love you too baby." My mother said while placing a kiss on my forehead. "Also, I don't know how you're gonna feel about this..." She stopped hugging me and looked at me.

"Feel about what?" I asked.

She cleared her throat, "I don't know where your mind is at about college, but I want you to get all the education you can.", She paused. "There's this young lady that does tutoring for people that's behind in school, I think she's very nice and smart. She goes by Miss Knowles, and I asked her if she would be able to help you sometimes. She gave me her number and I gave her mine. She said she's gonna give me a call tomorrow."

A tutor? I don't even care about school for real. I don't need a fucking tutor.

"I don't think that's gonna be necessary momma.", I said.

"It is necessary Megan. Nobody in our family has graduated from college, I want you to be the first and then Monie.", My mother said. "Come on, give it a try I know you have it in you."

I sighed. "Fine.. I'm only doing this for you."

"Thank you. That means a lot to me.", She said while leaning in to hug me.

I hugged her back.

After returning to my room and shutting the door, I took a seat on my bed and dialed my boyfriend's number. I was filled anger as my mom had a tutor for me against my will.

*📞📞*

Jordan😏:"What's good lil mama' ?"

My girl😍:"Bae you won't believe this shit!"

Jordan😏: "What happened now?"

My girl😍: "I got a fuckin' tutor."

Jordan😏: "Miss Lisa got a tutor for you?!"

My girl😍: "Who else nigga? Yes she did."

Jordan😏: "Damn. Yea? ... hold on bro I'm on the phone."

My girl😍:"Who's that?"

Jordan😏: "Que over here, me and him were playing the game."

My girl😍:"Oh, well come see me tomorrow night."

Jordan😏: "Ight lil mama"
_______________________

Seeing my man will maybe make me feel better about this whole thing.

~thank you for reading this chapter ♥︎♥︎♥︎