Chapter 2

-Megan

*

"Ma made breakfast before she left.", Monie said.

"Mhm. Why aren't you in school?", I asked. Monie consistently skips classes and misbehaves. I'm not sure of the reason, but she should stop acting out before she finds herself with the assistance of a tutor like me.

She rolled her eyes, "Is it any of your business?"

The reason why we struggle to get along is because our attitudes are incompatible and that's not gonna work. "I was just asking a damn question. If you wanna end up like me then continue skipping school." I said and shrugged my shoulders.

"End up like you?" She asked.

"Momma got me a tutor.."

She busted out laughing. "Damn, that's tough sis."

I rolled my eyes and pointed towards the door, gesturing for her to leave."Get the hell out of my room before I get mad." I said as I eyed her.

She eyed me back and made a sad face. "Seems like you're already mad." She said before walking out of my room and leaving my door open.

She knows I hate when people leave my room door open, petty ass little girl. I got off my bed and slammed my door shut. Then I got on my phone to read some of my comments on my recent Instagram posts.

"Eh? Bitch please

"Eh? Bitch please.", I said out loud to myself. I hate fuckin' haters, I know I look good. In my comments with that bullshit.

I heard a sound of a car pulling up outside, I quickly got up from my bed and looked out of my window. It was my dad, I hope he's in a better mood today. I watched him get out of the vehicle and then I went out of my room, heading towards the kitchen to make me a plate of the meal my momma had made before she left for work. As I prepared my plate, my dad entered the house.

"Hey, baby girl." My dad said.

"Hey." I mumbled. "Where have you been?"

He placed his keys on the kitchen table and walked over to make himself a plate of food as well. "The car broke down yesterday. I told your mom to go to the auto repair shop but she's stubborn so of course she didn't listen. So I had to go myself." He said.

So he told my momma off because she didn't get the car fixed? She literally works all day. "Dad no disrespect but you do know she works pretty much all day..I don't think she had time to do it."

"You're just like your mother. It's always an excuse. Aren't you supposed to be going to college? What's the excuse for that, hm?" He asked, trying to make me feel bad. 

"You know I had trouble in high school." I said lowly so he wouldn't get mad.

"You're 18, Megan. The least you can do is get a job and make money."

I sat down at the table. "Dad, I do make money. I get paid to try on different wigs and I also get paid from clothing companies when they send me stuff to review."

He shook his head. "This generation doesn't know what a real job is." He mumbled.

He's starting to piss me off. "Who are you to judge me for how I make money? You don't even got a job if we being honest." I said while getting up to go back in my room.

He looked at me and squinted. "Who the hell are you talking to, Megan? Don't let the number 18 get your ass beat."

I chose to ignore him and went back into my room. I strongly dislike how he simply remains idle, relying on my mother to handle all tasks. His comments about my earnings are baseless considering he doesn't even have a job, for heaven's sake. Stay the fuck away from me with that nonsense.

When I got in my room, my phone started ringing. I looked at it to see who it was and it was my mom.

*📞📞*

Megan: "Hello?"

My mom❤️: "Megan, Miss Knowles should be there in like 30 minutes."

Megan: "What? You didn't tell me she was coming to our house today..."

My mom❤️: "Well, she said she's available to meet you today and she can start tutoring you in a few days."

Megan: "Ma come onnnnnn."

My mom❤️:"Megan, be respectful when she arrives."

*silence*

My mom❤️: "Megan?"

Megan: "I heard you, I'll do my best."

My mom❤️: "I'm serious. I love you."

Megan: "I love you too."
__________________

Ugh! I do not wanna do this shit.

After getting out of bed, I walked into my bathroom to comb my hair. Then I brushed my teeth and applied some more lipgloss. I walked out of my bathroom back into my room, and I glanced out of my window to check if my dad was still here. However, I realized that he had already left.

I entered the kitchen to get something to drink because I was feeling thirsty. And I noticed that my dad had left the food uncovered and his dish on the table.

Lazy ass, dead beat ass, bitc- let me calm down.

He makes me so mad like I don't get him at all.