Chapter 36

-Megan

"Jordan, Can we talk about something real quick?" I asked him.

Jordan looked around and checked his phone. "Yeah."

As we took a seat at the tables situated outside the mall, catching sight of Jordan evoked a certain sentiment within me. He was my first genuine love, and I couldn't shake the blame I felt for ruining it.

I'm willing to accept that I was in the wrong regarding how everything unfolded. I should have been honest with him. Jordan, being the good-natured person he is, didn't deserve the mistreatment I subjected him to. I left him without any explanations, leaving him completely unaware of what had happened.

"I ended our relationship because I was unfaithful to you and the guilt weighed heavily on me. Every day, I struggled with the choice of being honest or keeping the deception going. But my love for you was so strong that I couldn't bear to continue my actions while being with you, so I made the decision to end things abruptly. I wanted to tell you about what had been happening, but I was scared I'd get the other person in a lot of trouble if I said anything about it." I explained.

Jordan just looked at me and he looked so disappointed. "Who was it..?" He asked.

I sighed. Telling him who it was might make things worse, I don't even know how he would react if I told him it was Beyoncé.

"I wanna tell you... but-"

Jordan stared at me intensely. "I cried every fucking night like some bitch ass nigga thinking I wasn't good enough for you, Megan. I never thought I would cry over some girl, but you meant a lot to me and you left. Now, years later, you want to apologize but you won't tell me who the other person was?" Jordan laughed and shook his head.

"Beyoncé.." I said lowly.

Jordan scrunched his face. "What? Speak up."

"Beyoncé! It was Beyoncé.." I admitted.

Jordan raised his eyebrows in shock. "The lady that was your tutor?" Jordan question. "She can get locked up you know.."

"That's why I didn't wanna say anything.." I told him.
"I'm sorry.."

Jordan chuckled. "You know what.. I'm not even gonna do too much. I clearly wasn't good enough for you and I accept your apology. Not even gonna hold a grudge, shit happens."

"You was more than enough and I just messed up." I said.

"It's whatever now. The good memories we had together will forever have a place in my heart, just know you fucked me up Megan." Jordan said before putting his shades back on.

"Jordan? Who the fuck is this Bitch...?" I heard some ghetto sounding girl shout.

"Oh shit." Jordan mumbled.

"Megan thee fuckin stallion..." She laughed. "Why is she talking to you?" She asked Jordan.

"She's my ex and we were talking about something." Jordan told her.

"I'm gonna leave now, nice seeing you Jordan." I said.

I grabbed my purse and I was about to start walking to my car, but this ghetto ass hoe kept talking shit.

"Yeaaah leave. Jordan don't want you no more." She said.

I approached her, giving her a fierce gaze that indicated my intention to whoop her ass if she kept talking. "Say something else and I'll drag you across this concrete." I stated.

Jordan grabbed her arm. "Go ahead and leave Megan. She's just talking right now."

"Mhm." I rolled my eyes at her and left.

After arriving at the studio, I parked the car and quickly freshened up my makeup. The fact that I am getting signed today, right after returning to town, is truly surreal. I appreciate this opportunity and I will not overlook any blessings, as circumstances could easily take a turn for the worse.

"Thank you God!" I said to myself before getting out of the car.

Walking into the building, a few people greeted me with hugs and told me where Meeka was.

"Megan!! How'd the talk go?" Meeka asked.

I sighed. "It was okay. That was my ex I told you about a couple years ago." I told her.

"Ohhhh okay that's why it was so much tension between y'all." She shook her head.

Trey walked in. "Yoooo Megan!" He hugged me.

"Hey, Trey!!" I hugged him back.

"Damn, it's been a while.." He said. "Serena should be here a little later, she had a baby 3 months ago."

"Oh my Goddd really? Awww!!" I said with a smile on my face.

He smiled back and handed me some papers. "Here, read that and then sign your name down here. It's for the roc-nation label." Trey said.

I nodded and sat down. I started reading everything and then I signed my name down on the paper. "Thank you, Trey and Meeka. I wouldn't even be having the chance to do any of this without you all." I thanked them.

"Girl you know you don't have to thank us, you're talented as fuck. Even without us you would have made it." Meeka said. "But, you're welcome and I'm glad you're here with us!"

"Yeah, I'm glad you here with us too. Mad talented and well deserved." Trey said. "How long you gonna be down here?"

"Two weeks then I have to head back." I told him.

"Okay. Imma see y'all later on, I gotta go work on some music with someone." Trey waved and left.

Me and Meeka walked to the front of the building.

"Ah shit..." Meeka said. She grabbed me by my shirt made me face her.

I smacked her hand. "What is your problem?"

"Keep looking at me.." She said in a serious voice.

I don't know what's her problem but she's low-key scaring me right now. She's acting like something wrong with her.

"Girl, I don't wanna look at you." I chuckled.

"Um... just-" Meeka stopped talking and peeped behind me. I was facing her so I had no clue what or who she was looking at.

"Meeka! Hey boo!" I heard someone say.

"FUCK!" Meeka whispered loudly.

I turned around and looked because at this point she's getting on my nerves.