Chapter 4

-Megan

♡20,373 likes                              View comments

20,373 likes View comments

Wednesday

I woke up at 4:09 in the morning and couldn't go back to sleep. So I just did my makeup and snapped a few pictures in my cute and comfy onesie for Instagram.

To help my mom before she heads out to work in an hour, I decided to prepare breakfast for her. I entered the kitchen and gathered the necessary ingredients such as eggs, bacon, grits, and toast, and seasoned them accordingly. While I waited for everything to cook, I entertained myself by listening to instrumental beats while on Instagram Live and I ended up having some freestyle fun.

•••••
"Jealous ass trick,
tryna fuck up my features'

I get my revenge
when I drop all my pictures

I'm pretty like art bitch
I look like a fixture

I get my revenge when I
Fuck on yo' nigga

I take that shit back
I won't fuck on yo nigga

I'll fuck on his face!
Right in your place

Run wit' his money
I'm goin to cha-"
•••••

"Megan?" I heard my momma call out.

I quickly paused my music, and hoped she didn't hear me. "Ma'am?"

She walked into the kitchen and looked at me. "Are you cooking?" She asked.

"Yes, I don't want you waking up every morning trying to feed everyone. So I wanted to make breakfast for you instead." I said with a smile on my face. "I'm on live just to let you know."

She walked over to me and hugged me. "Aw sweetie, that means a lot to me. Hey, Megan fans!!!" my momma said while waving at the people on my live. "I heard you by the way.."

"I'm sorry.." I mumbled.

She laughed. "It's okay, you're talented pretty girl. Although the choice of words was a bit extreme, you ate it down to the ground"

I rolled my eyes playfully. "Momma, just say 'you ate' because the ground part is ... not it."

"I'm tryna be cool" She said and rolled her eyes playfully.

We laughed.

Once the food had been prepared, I got off live and I placed everyone's plate on the table. Considering that Monie needed to wake up by 6, I took the initiative to wake her up, fully aware that she may have a negative attitude. But I don't care and I'm not gonna entertain it today.

I opened her room door and saw her knocked out with one leg hanging off of the bed. "Monie wake that ass up." I shouted.

She groaned. "Hm? Why?"

"I made breakfast!" I said while walking closer to her.

"Shit, I'm not ready to die." She mumbled.

I popped her on her butt. "It's 5:08 a.m., get up."

After about 7 minutes, she finally got out of bed. As soon as she was up, I went to wake up my dad by lightly tapping him and informing him that I had made breakfast. Then I left the room. Once everyone gathered at the table for breakfast, we engaged in conversation. Eventually, my mom left for work and Monie nearly missed the bus. My dad simply returned to his room.

I was required to install a new wig for a company, so I entered my bathroom and organized all the necessary hair items on my bathroom counter. I then got my chair and positioned myself in front of the mirror. After braiding my natural hair and putting on a wig cap, I completed the other steps to ensure my wig was securely in place.

After posting some TikTok's and taking some pictures. I remembered that I had to text Miss Knowles, so I went into the living room to get the piece of paper with her number written on it and I added her to my contacts. Then I sent her a message. I expected a delayed response but she responded quickly.

Yonce

Yonce..must be her first name. I told her the library would be good because I didn't want to be home, I haven't been out in weeks so that'll give me some outside time. Maybe fresh air will motivate me to wanna focus on school.

I texted Miss Knowles and asked her what time would be good for me to get ready. She told me she would pick me up at 9:30 a.m. and I just hearted her message.

"MEGAN!" I heard my dad yell.

What is it now, ugh. I got up and walked out of my bedroom. "Yes?"

"I got a call from Monie's school, they said she isn't there." He said.

I scrunched my face because I don't know what that has to do with me. "Okay..."

"Okay? Where is she?" He asked.

How the fu- why do he think I know where she is, that is not my child or responsibility. "Dad I don't know."

He blew his breath and walked away.

I called Monie when I went back into my room but she wasn't answering the phone so I gave up and stopped worrying about it.

(Author: should I make the chapters longer?"