Chapter 25

-Beyoncé

*

It feels like an eternity since I last saw Megan, even though it has only been two days. I have been collaborating with other students, but today is my day off. During this break, I have been contemplating sharing the music video "Partition" and the song that Megan and I created together.

Sharing the song Megan and I made might be too risky, so I'm unsure. But I think I'll call Shawn and show him the partition video to get his opinion.

"Hey, Shawn!" I said while on the phone with him.

"What's up Bey"

"I miss you.." I said.

"I miss you more."

"Come to my house." I said.

"Ight. See you in a few."

I invited Shawn to come over, and then I cleaned my house and transferred the video to my computer to show him. I also made cookies for him since he enjoys snacks at my place, and I poured two glasses of wine.

After Shawn's arrival, I instructed him to take a seat on the couch as I needed to present something to him. I never disclosed my singing abilities to him, nor have I performed for him as of yet.

Furthermore, he remains oblivious to the existence of my music video for "Single Ladies".

"I need to show you something, but I'm feeling nervous about it." I said.

"Show me, don't be nervous Bey." Shawn said.

"Okay.." I said. I turned my laptop on and went to the video so he could watch it.

As he watched the video, a wide smile spread across his face and he rhythmically nodded his head to the music.

"Do you like it?" I asked.

"When were you gonna tell me you could sing? And when did you make this video?" Shawn asked.

"Last year in December, I created this song and a music video. However, I never mentioned it because I don't consider myself a serious singer. One song I made is titled "Single Ladies" and it is available on YouTube." I explained.

"What?!" Shawn said in shock. "That song that was trending a few years ago?"

"Yes," I said and let out a giggle.