Chapter 37

-Megan

When I turned around, I saw... Beyoncé!!

I believe she didn't see my face when I turned around, so I promptly redirected my attention back towards Meeka

"Meeka, Meeka, Meeka! Why is she here?!!" I asked lowly. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes, hoping Beyoncé would just say hey to Meeka and leave.

Meeka was about to mouth something to me but Beyoncé approached her. "Oh.. Hey Beyoncé!" Meeka said with a smile.

"Hey! Did I interrupt anything?" Beyoncé asked Meeka.

I hadn't heard her voice in such a long time, and when I heard Beyoncé speak, it sent chills down my spine. To avoid making it obvious that I was trying to avoid seeing her, I turned slightly away from Meeka and pretended to be engrossed in texting someone on my phone. Thank God I have a big curly Afro, making it almost impossible for Beyoncé to recognize me.

"No. No, you didn't.." Meeka told Beyoncé.

"Oh okay." Beyoncé said. "I don't wanna be impolite, I would like to introduce myself. I'm Beyonce!" She said to me.

I don't know what to do. If I speak, she will probably recognize my voice. If I ignore her, she may think I'm rude. If I pretend I didn't hear her, I'm unsure of what will happen.

Meeka cleared her throat. "Sooooo Beyoncé, have you been working on your song?" She asked.

Beyoncé let out a chuckle. "Meeka, Yes, and you are aware of that. I am skilled at interpreting body language, and I can see that you are attempting to hide something. In addition, this girl completely disregarded my presence, and I can clearly see that she is not engaged in any phone-related activities she's just constantly switching between various apps. 20/20 vision by the way." She stated.

"Why do you have to have knowledge in every damn thing? Like you should be an FBI agent or something." Meeka said.

"Mhm. Now, I'm gonna be nice one more time." Beyoncé said, then she repeated what she said before. "I would like to introduce myself. I'm Beyonce!"

Meeka leaned over to me and whispered in my ear. "Might as well give up the act."

I sighed. I looked at Beyoncé and kept silent.

Beyoncé looked at me and tilted her head. "Megan?"

I awkwardly smiled. "Hey, Beyoncé."

I know after what happened, She probably wouldn't even wanna see my face again. A lot happened that night that I haven't spoken on since.

With her arms crossed over her chest, Beyonce shut her eyes and tilted her head back momentarily. It was evident to me that she seemed to be on the verge of crying. She opened her eyes and looked at me. "How have you been?" Beyoncé asked me.