Chapter 29

-Beyoncé

*

Despite waking up feeling extremely nauseous this morning, I managed to motivate myself to begin my day. I decided to order breakfast and took some time to unwind. Moreover, I completed household chores, took a shower, and attended to my hair and makeup.

Currently, I'm sitting on the couch watching TV with Shawn. "How are you feeling?" Shawn asked.

"I'm fine right now." I said with a smile.

"You always fine." Shawn smirked.

I laughed. "Thank you!"

"I gotta talk to you about something..." Shawn said.

I looked at him. "Okay.."

"Beyoncé, I adore you and cannot imagine being with anyone else. Your presence brightens my heart and in my eyes, you are the most stunning woman. I wouldn't be who I am today if I never met you." Shawn said before getting up.

He pulled something out of his pocket and got down on one knee before I could say anything.

"Beyoncé, will you marry me?" Shawn asked.

No!
No!
No!
Don't say yes
Don't say yes

"Shawn...I-"

"I promise to never hurt you, I'll be a wonderful dad, and I'll always cherish and support you, without exceptions." Shawn said while gazing into my eyes.

Megan
Megan
Megan
Meg-

"Yes. I will!!" I said. I accepted his proposal.

After slipping the ring onto my finger, Shawn rose from his knee and planted a kiss on me. I was uncertain if I said yes out of a genuine desire to marry him or as a means to unburden myself from thoughts of Megan, I can only hope my decision was the correct one. Nevertheless, I am aware that Shawn is a great man.

"I love you." Shawn said while embracing me.

"I love you too, baby." I replied.

Shawn had to leave for work. I need to pick Megan up in an hour or two because I have to tutor her today. Speaking of her, My phone started ringing and it was Megan FaceTiming me.

I answered the phone.