Chapter 39

-Megan

While I was seated in the car, I experienced the most deafening silence ever, All I heard was the sounds of traffic, studio music, as well as the chirping of birds and the distant hum of planes.

Glancing at my phone, I texted Monie while being aware that Beyoncé was looking at me because I saw her in my peripheral vision, yet I consciously pretended not to notice her.

Beyoncé cleared her throat to get my attention. I looked at her and she raised her eyebrows. "Talk, I don't have all day." She stated.

I sighed and looked back down at my phone. "I change my mind." I said.

While attempting to open the car door, Beyoncé locked it. You might say, "Megan, just unlock the car door on your own." But, the situation is more complicated. The button on her side is designed to unlock all doors, and the door won't unlock unless she either pushes the button or uses her car keys. Crazy, right?

Beyoncé turned her car engine off. "I'm gonna give you one more opportunity to talk." She said.

Talk
Talk
Talk

"I don't know where to start, but I sincerely apologize Beyoncé. My intentions were never to cause you harm that night, and I was completely unaware of your pregnancy. Although part of me wants to feel angry that you didn't inform me, I also recognize that my actions put your well-being at risk." I looked towards the window to wipe my eyes because I was about to start crying and I didn't want her to see.

"Megan..." Beyoncé paused, our gazes met. She questioned, "Why didn't you say sorry when it occurred or the morning I was at your place to prevent your arrest? You simply abandoned me. Though I was temporarily unconscious that night, it was truly disappointing, Megan." She said.

"I told your man, without realizing that you two were engaged until he told me, that I was sorry before leaving. He didn't attempt to convince me to stay but instead yelled at me. I was drunk and overwhelmed with emotions, making it difficult for me to handle everything that was happening all at once." I told Beyoncé.

"He told me you left without saying anything." Beyoncé said.

I scrunched my face. "He lied to you."

Beyoncé kept silent.

That nigga lied and made Beyoncé believe for a long time that I never apologized. It's unbelievable, and I hope she talks to him about it. "So, how's your baby? Girl or boy?" I asked.

Beyoncé leaned her head against the car window and tears ran down her cheeks. "I was gonna have twins.. but they didn't make it." Beyoncé said lowly. "When I woke up, my babies were no longer in my stomach. The doctors informed me that they tried to save them but were unsuccessful."

My heart dropped, I can't believe it. I killed her children, it's all my fault. There's nothing I can say or do to make everything better. "Oh my God..." I cried uncontrollably. "It's all my fault. I'm sorry, I- I'm so stupid I can't..." I started having a panic attack.

"Calm down, Megan." Beyoncé said while fanning me with her hands.

"I can't br-breath. Open the d-door please!!!" I tried to open the door because I literally couldn't breathe.

"Megan." Beyoncé called my name. "Calm down, please."

"I can't—" I felt myself close to passing out so I closed my eyes.

Beyoncé gently put her hand on my chin to turn my face towards hers. "Look at me." She demanded.

I opened my eyes and looked at her.