Chapter 44

-Beyoncé

1 month later

1 month later

*

My life has greatly improved as I have discovered the benefits of meditation and relaxation, allowing me to minimize stress levels. I have also prioritized my own needs, devoting time to working on my music. Singing, in particular, provides me with a sense of security and liberation.

Megan FaceTimed me.

"HEY BEYONCÉ!" Megan squealed.

"Hey, beautiful. What are you up to?" I asked with a smile on my face.

"Nothing.." Megan bit her lip. "Mmmm.."

"What?" I chuckled.

"You look so damn good, Yoncé." Megan complimented me.

I laughed. "Thank you, but I disagree."

Megan made a face and I took a FaceTime photo of her.

"You do look good, and always have

"You do look good, and always have." Megan rolled her eyes. "And you look more happy."

"Whatever you say Megannnn!" I playfully rolled my eyes.

"Still coming tomorrow?" Megan asked.

"Yes, I'm gonna come." I replied. "I miss you."

Megan stuck her tongue out. "Oh yeah, you're gonna 'come' alright."

"Don't be so inappropriate young lady." I winked at her.

"Are you okay though?" Megan's smile turned into a little frown. "Hate to mention it, but he tried to rape you... and—"

I put my hand up to stop her. "Megan, I'm okay. He wasn't himself because of the drugs and I'm sooooooooo past that."

"Promise you aren't scarred from it? I don't want you to be mentally hurt from what he did." Megan said. "I know the times I came onto you when you were resisting me was similar to rape and I think about that all the time. I made you so uncomfortable.."