Chapter 22

-Megan

♡287,440 likes                            View comments

287,440 likes                            View comments

*
1 week later:

I'm back home, and my parents are getting a divorce. I believe my mom is finally realizing who my dad truly is after all these years. He's heartless and deadbeat.

Currently, I'm out with my friend Meeka.

"So for this song, you should let the world know you don't give a fuck about the hate because you know you're that bitch." Meeka said.

After completing my test, I will have studio time tomorrow to work on my next song.

"Like on some conceited shit?" I asked.

"Yes!"

I started writing stuff in my notes so I could get ideas for my song.

I heard the sound of my phone dinging. It was from Jordan, but I decided to ignore it as he has been constantly blowing me up throughout the day. I have already communicated to him that our relationship is over, and I cannot bear to face him, as I am fully aware of the pain I've already caused him.

"You okay girl?" Meeka asked.

"Not really."

"What got you upset?" Meeka asked.

"I ended my relationship with my boyfriend, and now he keeps reaching out to me through texts and calls. But I choose to ignore them because I'm aware that I caused him pain. We were together for 3 years, but I suddenly ended things without giving him any explanation." I explained to her.

"Why you leave him?"

I sighed. "I cheated on him."

Her eyes widened. "Was his dick that bad?" She asked and chuckled.

"That's not funny. And no." I said and rolled my eyes.

"I'm sorry.." She said. "So, what made you cheat?"

"I don't know if I should tell you." I said.

I have a strong urge to share this information, and I want to tell her about it all, but Beyoncé advised me to keep it between me and her.

"Girl one thing about me, I hold secrets for a living. It's bitches I wanna kill out here and I still keep their secrets. You know how many motherfuckers I know that could be getting jumped and shot up right now if I exposed their secrets?" Meeka said.

I laughed. "Valid. There's a female I like and we've had sex a few times. She gives me a sense of love and security. She genuinely cares about me and keeps me focused on the right path. I have strong feelings of love for her." I told Meeka.

"Damn." Meeka said and raised her eyebrows.

"What?" I asked.

"Girl, you're drooling...." She said and pointed at me.

"WHAT?" I said and I wiped my face quickly with a napkin.

She bursted out laughing and slapped the table. "Bitchhhh I was playing!" She said while dying of laughter "You must fuck with her strong because you grabbed that napkin like your life depended on it"

"You think you funny?" I asked with an attitude.

"Nah bih, I think I'm HILARIOUS." She said. She laughed so hard she was fighting for air to breathe.

I rolled my eyes.

After arriving home, I dedicated some time to studying as passing my test is important to me. My mom is asleep in her bedroom, she is still experiencing discomfort from the car accident and has not been able to go to work. In an attempt to prevent her joints from becoming stiff, I encourage her to engage in some movement.

Monie has also been supportive lately and we haven't having arguments as much. And she is doing better in school. Meanwhile, my dad has been out every day but who gives a fuck? Not I.

I looked at my phone and noticed I had 3 messages from Beyoncé.

I want to feel her touch every day.. ugh!

I set my phone aside before going to shower and prepare dinner for my sister and mom. Even though I am not skilled in the kitchen, I gave it my all as I whipped up some chicken spaghetti. To top it all off, I decided to make brownies for dessert.

"Ou this is good." Monie said.

"Thanks."

"Megan if I knew you could cook, I would've been gave you dinner duties." My mom said.

"I can handle dinner from now on." I said to my momma.

"Really?" My mom asked.

"Yes, you need to rest. You've been working your butt off all year, it's time for a break." I said.

"I love you girls so much." my momma said to me and Monie. "Y'all both deserve a better life, and I'm sorry I haven't given that to you."

"Ma it's okay. We good, all we need is each other." Monie said.

I agreed.

After dinner, Monie and I cleaned the kitchen. I also prepared a bath for my mom to help her relax, and played some music for her. Later, I tidied up the living room and sat on the couch with Monie to chat and watch something.