Chapter 13

-Beyoncé

*

I was sitting in my living room talking to Shawn. "Tomorrow afternoon I have an another meeting and I'm just tired. I need a week off. I have been working non-stop."

"Take a week off then." Shawn said.

I let out a sigh and explained, "It doesn't work that way. I have students who need to catch up within a specific timeframe, so I can't simply abandon them because I need rest."

Shawn shook his head. "You're a hard working woman, that's so attractive." He said.

I blushed. "I need to go to the store."

"Want me to drive you? So you can have a little rest time." Shawn offered.

"Yes!" I said.

Shawn kissed my forehead. "Okay, let's go."

I had to purchase additional folders and pencils for my teaching sessions. Upon reaching the store, Shawn also had a few items on his list to grab. While strolling around, I unexpectedly came across Megan, her mother, and another person.

"Heyyy!" Megan's mom said to me.

"Hey, Mrs Pete. How are you?" I asked.

"I'm good. I should be asking you the same thing."
She said.

I tilted my head. "Why?" I asked.

"Megan said you were sick so you couldn't tutor her for a while." She told me.

"Sick?" I asked and scrunched my face.

"Yes. Right, Megan?" Mrs. Pete asked Megan.

Megan looked down at the floor. "I-I um... she-"

After observing her lie to avoid explaining the truth to her mother, I cut her off. "I'm much better now, it was nothing significant - just a minor cold. I didn't want her or anyone else to catch it." I lied.

"Good to know. This is my other daughter Monie." Mrs Pete said.

"Hello, Monie." I said.

"Hey! You're pretty." Monie said.

I smiled. "So are you!"

"So when will you be picking her up?" Mrs Pete asked.

I didn't plan on working with her anymore after that stunt she pulled. But I guess I don't have a choice right this moment.

"Tomorrow morning I suppose." I said and eyed Megan.

Megan mouthed 'I'm sorry' to me.

"Okay Great. Nice seeing you be safe." Mrs. Pete said.