Chapter 42

-Megan

I stepped out of the car to see if Beyoncé was okay, I have never seen her so overwhelmed. It appears she is emotionally drained and lacking the authentic love she needs.

"Beyoncé" I called her name. She was resting her arms on the railing of the bridge and looking down at the water.

"I feel lost and unsure about the direction of my life. Despite my attempts to distract myself and find closure, I'm still deeply wounded. I hold no resentment towards you or anyone else for the situation, but it's hard to accept the loss of my children and the fact that Shawn is no longer emotionally present." She opened up to me.

As tears streamed down her face, I observed her hands trembling uncontrollably. "You're shaking so much, try to calm down so you won't have an anxiety attack."

"After losing my babies, a month later my mother passed away. Although I had anticipated her death because of her illness, the emotional burden was overwhelming. Shawn was devastated and constantly filled with anger because of the loss of our children. He even refused to offer me support when I needed someone to lean on and cry." Beyoncé said.

I put my arm around Beyoncé's waist and laid her head on my shoulder. "That's why I'm here, you can always lean on me to cry."

"Megan, you'll be returning to college soon. I don't want to rely on you constantly, and you shouldn't concern yourself with me. Focus on your future, as I currently have a lot happening." Beyoncé said.

"If you're serious about our relationship, I'm willing to give you money to come visit me whenever you're ready. You mean a lot to me, I love and want you." I gazed into her eyes and held her hands firmly. "Beyoncé, I need you. You bring joy to my heart every time I see you, I wouldn't even be in college if it weren't for you and my momma."

Beyoncé sniffled and wiped her eyes. "Alright. Will you assist me? We could go to my place immediately and wait for him to return. You can hide in the closet or somewhere in case things get intense, and I'll inform him that I'm ending our relationship and I will return the ring." She exclaimed hurriedly.

I scrunched my face. "Are you serious? Like right now?" I asked. "You're kinda rushing it..."

"I know what and who I want. Let's go." Beyoncé said. She got in the car and started it.

Maybe this is too fast, but if it's what she truly wants then... okay...

After arriving at her house, we exited the car and she informed me that we had an hour until he arrives, so I didn't hide immediately. While feeling somewhat scared, I'm committed to staying by her side.

"Oh yeah, guess what!!!!" I said to Beyoncé. I'm gonna tell her about me getting signed.

"What beautiful?" She gazed into my eyes and stopped looking through her mail.

"I got signed to roc-nation!!!" I told her and squealed.

Beyoncé raised her eyebrows. "I'm happy for you, although I need to mention that Shawn owns it."

"Jay Z is his nickname, ain't it?" I asked. Fucking hate him, I don't wanna be signed to his bum ass.

"Yes, there's no need to worry. He is affiliated with one of the finest record labels available. He won't even realize that you are part of his team since he no longer keeps up with music." Beyoncé said.

"Mm okay. Anyways because that just fucked my mood up a little." I rolled my eyes.

"It's okay." Beyoncé walked up to me and then kissed me.

"Beyoncé, stop it..." I said. I wiped my lips.

"Why?" She asked.

"Once you and him are officially no longer together, I just want everything to be perfect, so that we can freely engage in anything without feeling guilty." I explained.

Beyoncé sighed. "Okay."

"You're behaving differently than your usual self, this is not how you used to show interest in me before. I'm not happy with this change... you need to find healing, Beyoncé." I said.

After Beyoncé left me and headed towards the bathroom, I settled on the couch and spent some time scrolling through TikTok. Once Shawn arrived, I decided to conceal myself in their bedroom closet. Beyoncé informed me that the room is the initial place he visits after returning home, so she plans to confide her emotions there.

(Author: yes I know. "This chapter was way too short" well the next chapter will be really long, Beyoncé will tell Shawn she doesn't want to be with him anymore & who knows how Shawn will react... but what do you think will happen when she tells him it's over?")