Chapter 5

-Megan

♡32,373 likes                              View comments

32,373 likes                              View comments

*

I woke up at 6:20 a.m, I heard my dad talking to someone in the kitchen so I got up and walked out of my room to see who it was.

"Goodmorning." My dad said to me before continuing his conversation with Monie.

I was wondering why Monie wasn't at school, by now she would've been on the bus."Monie, where have you been and why weren't you at school yesterday?" I asked.

"Nun of your business." She got up from the table and went into her room. "Fuckin' hate life bro." She mumbled before closing her room door.

"Go and talk to her before I get a belt and whoop her ass." My dad said while pointing at her room.

"Dad you know she's not in the mood, if I try to talk to her it's gonna get worse." I told my dad.

"Go. Talk. To. Her." He said sternly.

I didn't wanna cause any problems so I just listened and went into my Monie's room and shut the door behind me. "What?" she asked with an attitude.

I sat down at the end of her bed. "Dad wants me to talk to you."

"For what? He did enough talking."

"Monie, why didn't you go to school today?" I asked. 

She sighed and rolled her eyes. "Because I'm suspended." She admitted with a fake smile on her face.

This is the first time Monie has gotten suspended from school. "What did you do to get suspended?" I asked hoping she wouldn't get smart with me.

"Why are you worried about me? You have better things to do, so get out of my room. Please and thank you." She said. She then laid down on her bed and began gazing at the wall.

I really didn't have time to deal with her because she obviously wasn't gonna tell me much. So I walked out of her room.

"She's not telling me why she got suspended, I tried my best to talk to her." I said to my dad before walking to the living room to sit down on the couch.

He grabbed my arm. "Tell her she's not getting this ever again." He said while holding her phone in his hand. "Also, tell her if she wants to continue fucking around and not taking school seriously, I'll break this shitty useless phone."