24

Nunew's POV.

"Nhu .. do you know how me and your stepfather met ?" She asked making me shake my head.

"You never really told me about it .." I said as she smiled.

"You know .. after your father passed away .. I thought I wouldn't find any love .." she said.

"However .. when I met .. your stepfather , Jake ..  that's when I knew I found my love .." she continued.

"However .. our story wasn't a smooth one that you see in the movies ..." she said making me frown.

"Jake and I wasn't meant to be together .." she said.

"What do you mean ?" I asked.

"When I first met your stepfather , he was together with another woman ..." she answered making me freeze.

"However when our eyes meet for the first time , it was like there was magnets in us .. I never thought I would fall in love with him after losing your father .. but Jake was the one who helped me open my heart again ..." She continued.

"I was just as afraid as you .. I knew I shouldn't have been involved with a guy who was already together with someone else .. I tried pushing Jake away .. I tried .." she said.

"But .. somehow fate kept pulling us to each other ..." she said , smiling softly.

"Jake knew what risk he will take when he decided to be with me. He knows if he wants to be with me , he'll have to tell his parents.. he'll have to tell the girl's parents .." she said.

"And I have to tell you .. that .. it wasn't easy for Jake .. he knew if he were to choose me , he'll lose the people who he loves .." she said making me look at her.

"At first I was against it .. I was against our relationship .. but at time past , I could no longer push him away... because I realized how much courage he had to fight for us .." She said.

"It takes so much courage .. to take the risk .. that's how I know .. He loves me ..." she said , looking down to her wedding ring.

"What happened then ?" I asked as she look at me.

"Jake chose me. He had no choice but to leave everything that he loved just to be with me." She said.

"And here we are .. happily married .. raising you together .." she said , smiling as she caressed my head.

"Wow .. I didn't know .. you went through all of that .. why didn't you tell me ?" I asked.

"Nhu .. you were just a little boy .. you wouldn't understand if I told you before .." she chuckled.

"However now that you're older .. and you're finally getting to know what love is .. I thought maybe it's the right time to tell you .." she said as she held my hand.

"I can see that Zee really loves you na .. if he didn't .. he wouldn't come all the way here .." she said as I sigh.

"The risk he is taking is huge na .. he is taking this risk .. to be with you .." she continued.

"I know you are afraid of being the bad person in this story .. but trust me , when times tells .. everything will be worth it .." she advised making me nod.

"Remember what I told you .. love is .."

"Love is never a crime .." I said making her smile , nodding.

"Talk to Zee. Talk it out slowly. Tell him how you really feel." She said making me nod.

"Krub .." I said as she then smile , kissing my temple before getting up.

"I should go and get some rest .." she said as she ruffled my hair , walking in.

"Go get some sleep naa ..." she said making me chuckle. I look down to the picture in my hand , smiling slightly as I got up.

I walked into my room seeing P'Zee fast asleep. I got on the bed quietly , sitting next to him. I crossed my legs , looking down to him.

"Is it tiring hm , trying to chase me around ?" I asked.

"Did I make your life extra harder hm?" I asked , smiling slightly.

"You must be so worn out .." I giggled softly.

"Prepare yourself , Khun Zee Pruk , this is just the beginning .." I said , poking his cheek gently. I chuckled but soon sigh. I then looked down to his hand , pouting. I gently grabbed it , holding it. I placed it on my cheek , sighing as I look at him.

"I am sorry na .. for being so cold to you..." I said softly.

"I am sorry na .. for being so selfish all this time .. knowing how much pain you're feeling all this time .." I said softly.

"Please .. don't give up on me na .." I continued smiling slightly as I lean down nearer to him.

"Goodnight na .. Hia .." I whispered before placing his hand down gently , fixing the blanket. I fixed my pillow , moving it closer to him. I slowly laid down , facing him as I placed my hand on his arm. I smile slightly before closing my eyes , falling asleep.

Zee's POV.

I slowly open my eyes , turning to Nunew who was fast asleep. I smile softly after hearing what he said. I saw how he was holding my arm as he slept peacefully. I smile , turning to face him. I caress his cheek gently yet lovingly , looking at him fondly. My eyes then went down to my engagement ring. I sigh , turning on my back. I quickly took it off , placing it aside since I know I didn't need it. I turned to my side again , placing my hand over Nunew's.

"I'll always choose you , Nunew Chawarin .." I whispered before moving closer , smiling as I close my eyes , drifting to sleep.

- next morning -

Nunew's POV.

I got wakened up by the sound of the rooster crowing. I sigh , opening my eyes slowly to see an empty space beside me. I frown , lifting my head up to look around the room , not seeing P'Zee. I got out of bed , walking out of the room. I ruffled my hair , realising how quiet the house is. I soon heard noises coming from the kitchen. I walked downstairs slowly , walking to the kitchen to see P'Zee with his broad back facing me as he cooked.

He then slowly turned around , lifting his head up , locking his eyes with me.

"Aow , good morning .." he said with a smile.

"Good .. morning .." I said back.

"I am making korean pancakes and congee .. it'll be done soon .." he said.

"The house seems quiet , where's Mae and the rest ? .." I asked.

"Oh  , Khun Mae asked Max and Nat to help her harvest some fruits at the farm .. they'll be back in the late afternoon ..." he said making me nod as I walk over to him to see what he was doing. I look at the congee that he was making , nodding.

"Looks good .." I said making him chuckle.

"I am still trying to learn .." he said as he cut a green onion.

"Then .. I'll help you fry the pancakes .." I said , rolling my sleeves making him nod. I walked to the stove , turning it on.

"Ouch !" He exclaimed making me turn to see P'Zee holding his finger. My eyes widened before rushing to his side to see his finger bleeding.

"Aish , you should be careful when handling a knife !" I exclaimed , holding his hand as I look at the cut.

"Here .. let's treat it before it gets infected .." I said , looking up to him making him nod.