51

Nunew's POV.

"Zee .." I slowly turned my head , seeing mom and Nuna before look at Hia back. Hia slowly turned around , freezing in his place.

"Mae .." said Hia softly as I look at Mom.

"Daddy .." said Nuna.

"Baby .. come here .." I said , calling Nuna to come to me. Nuna run to me , hugging my leg as I caress her head before looking at Hia.

"What are you doing here ?" Asked Hia.

"Zee .. don't be mad na son .." said mom.

"I asked you a question .. what are you doing here ?" Asked Hia as I stepped forward.

"Please .. don't be mad at Mom .. she just wanted to see Nuna .. me and Nuna came here just to see mom .." I said.

"Nhu is right .. Zee , she was just letting me see Nuna .." She said as tears welled up in her eyes.

"Zee .." she said as she was about to hold Hia's hand when Hia step back , looking away.

"Nhu. We are leaving." Said Hia as I frown.

"Hia .." I said softly as Nuna tugged my shirt. I carried her in my arms as Hia looked at me coldly.

"I said we are leaving , let's go." He said sternly making me sigh before nodding.

"Krub." I said softly before walking slowly. I look at Mom as she then caressed my cheek.

"Grandma .." said Nuna as Mom smile weakly , rubbing Nuna's back.

"I'll see you soon na .. my baby .." said mom as I look at her weakly before walking out of the cafe with Nuna in my arms. I turned back seeing Hia walking past mom without saying anything.

- later -

I fiddled with my ring as I look out the window. The whole car ride was silent. Hia hasn't uttered a word ever since we left. We soon pulled up to the house. I walked in the house behind Hia as I carried Nuna who was fast asleep in my arms. I watch as Hia walked away to the kitchen. I sigh before walking upstairs to put Nuna in bed.

I pulled the sheets up , placing a peck on Nuna's forehead. I then walked out of the room , closing the door before walking downstairs. I walked into the living room to see Hia , drinking his wine.

"Hia .." I said softly.

"I know you're mad at me but I can explain everything .." I said.

"Why would you go against my words ? Didn't I tell you not to meet her ?" He asked , turning to me.

"But yet you went against my words and met her behind my back .." He said.

"How could you lie to me huh ?" He asked.

"I didn't mean to .. I-."

"Really ? You didn't mean to lie to me about bringing Nuna to meet my mom ?" He asked.

"Hia .." I said.

"I trusted you , Nhu. All this time , I thought you went to see Nat but instead you went and meet someone who is no longer part of our lives." He said coldly making me frown.

"No longer part of our lives ? Hia , that person you're talking about is your mom ! Nuna's grandmother ! My mother in law !" I exclaim.

"She's not apart of our family , Nhu ! I thought I told you that I didn't want anything to do with them anymore !" He fought back.

"But don't you feel bad that our Nuna doesn't know her daddy's family ?!" I asked.

"She doesn't have to know ! We are happy without them !" He exclaimed , raising his voice.

"We are not happy , Hia ! We are not a a family without them !" I fought back.

"At the end of the day , she is still our family , Hia ! She is your mom !" I fought.

"But I am your husband ! You should listen to me am I right ?!" He scolded.

"I did , Hia ! But I am doing this for the sake of our Nuna ! Nuna needs her grandmother !" I fought.

"You're being ridiculous .." he said , running his fingers through his hair.

"Don't you realize how happy we were before you started talking about them ?!" He fought making me frown.

"Are you blaming this on me ?! All I ever wanted was to fix things !" I said in disbelief.

"There is nothing to fix ! They can never accept us , Nhu !" He said.

"Things have changed Hia ! You may never know ! Don't you see how much mom was hurting when she lost her only son ?!" I asked.

"Then what about me ?! What do you think I feel when your own family don't accept me ?!" He fought back.

"Those past years , do you think I don't think about Nuna ?! How Nuna won't be able to call my parents her grandparents because my father does not accept me ?! Accept us !" He exclaim as tears welled up in my eyes.

"But that was before Hia ! You saw the look of Mom just now when she look at our daughter !" I exclaimed as tears rolled down my cheeks. I the grab his hand , holding it tightly.

"All I want is for both of our families to come together... so that we can be a real happy family .." I said as Hia looked away , pulling his hand back , clenching his jaw. I breathed shakily , clutching my fist tightly as tears rolled down my cheeks.

"Papa .. daddy .." we both turned our heads , seeing Nuna out of bed , hugging her teddy bear.

"Honey , what are you doing out of bed ?" I asked , clearing my throat.

"Daddy .. please don't scold papa .." croaked Nuna as I quickly wiped my tears away , walking over to Nuna.

"Don't worry honey , me and your daddy was just talking.." I said , kneeling down to her level as I caressed her head.

"Why don't we go back to bed na ?" I asked as I then carried her in my arms before walking back upstairs. I opened the door to me and Hia's shared room. I closed the door with my leg.

"Papa , why did you bring me in you and daddy's  room ?" Asked Nuna.

"That's because .. today , papa wants you to sleep with me .. is that okay ?" I asked making her nod. I placed her down on the bed , tucking her in as I then sat down beside her , leaning on my forearm while caressing on her head.

"Papa .." said Nuna making me hum.

"Is daddy angry with you ?" She asked softly making me force a smile.

"Mai .. daddy and I was just talking baby .." I said.

"I don't want papa and daddy to fight .." she said softly making me smile softly as tears welled up my cheeks.

"We are not fighting honey .. don't you worry .." I said softly.

"Come here .." I said , pulling her closer , tucking her in. I kissed her forehead , closing my eyes as I let my tears fall.

"Everything will be okay na .." I whispered , trying my best not to break down as Nuna fall sleep.

Hey everyone ! Guess who's back ! I know it's been awhile since I last uploaded a new chapter :( I have been soo busy with the new semester of school soo I had to take some time away from writing but no worries from now on , I'll try uploading chapters over the weekends na !❤️ stay tune naaa !! ❤️