49

Zee's POV.

I sigh , drinking my coffee. Max look at me confused.

"What's up?" He asked making me frown , looking at him.

"What ?" I asked.

"This is the fifth time I heard you sighing .. something is up .." he answered.

"Come on , talk to your best friend .." he said as I placed my coffee down.

"Me and Nhu got into an argument this morning .." I said making him frown.

"An argument ?" He asked making me nod.

"About ?" He asked.

"About my parents .. I don't know what got into him but all of a sudden he thought about seeing my parents .." I said.

"He said that it's about time Nuna gets to know my parents .." I continued.

"But you said , No .." he said making me nod.

"Why would I want to talk to people who don't accept me for who I am ?" I asked.

"The both of them didn't accept me and Nhu before .. so why would you think they would accept the fact that me and Nhu adopted a kid .." I said.

"Maybe Nhu just wants to fix things between you and your parents .." he said.

"I am not siding anyone .. but I just think Nunew is right .. Nuna is your daughter .. however Nuna is your parent's granddaughter .. even if they don't accept you , the least thing you can do is let them see Nuna , their granddaughter .." Said Max.

"And what ? Let them say whatever to her ?" I asked.

"Max , you know what happened before .. if they already treat me and Nhu as an outsider .. they can also do it to my daughter .." I said.

"I promise Nhu that I'll protect our little family .. no matter what .. and plus , we are already happy .." I said , looking at my wedding ring.

"Let me ask you , Zee .." he said.

"Don't you miss your parents ?" He asked as I look up to him. I sigh , not knowing how to answer.

Nunew's POV.

"So wait , you and Zee argued just because you said you wanted to fix things with his parents ?" Asked Nat making me nod.

"He is still mad about what happened four years ago .." I said.

"I mean .. Nhu .. who wouldn't .. his parents disowned him just because he was in love with you and he even cancelled the wedding with P'Janis for you .." said Nat as I sigh.

"But .. I feel bad for his mother .. when I talk to her yesterday ... she cried because she felt so bad treating her own son like that .." I said.

"And plus .. I feel bad for my baby Nuna that she doesn't know Hia's parents ..." I said , sighing heavily as I hug my arms.

"Why don't you tell him that you've met his mom already ?" He asked.

"If I told him , he would tell me to stop seeing her .." I said.

"I mean it's better than lying to him about it .." he said as I sigh.

"I guess so .." I said softly.

"Nhu .. listen na .. you know what's best for you and your family .. you can fix this .." said Nat as I look at him before looking down to my wedding ring.

- later -

"Papa , what are we doing here ?" Asked Nuna.

"We're going to see grandma of course .." I said as she look at me.