39

Zee's POV.

I got out of the car after pulling up at my parent's house. I breathe in and out before walking towards the door. I walked in and soon look around , hearing voice's coming from the living room. I walked towards the living room seeing Phaâw and Mae.

"Aow , Zee .. you're here .." said Mae as I frown.

"What's going on ?" I asked as Phaâw look at me.

"Zee .." said Mae.

"Zee , take a sit next to Janis and then let's talk." Said Phaâw as I slowly walked over to the sofa , sitting down.

"So , me and your father called you here to tell you something .." said Phaâw. He then look over to Mae as Mae held his hand , nodding making Phaâw sigh heavily , turning back to me.

"Zee , me and your mother .. has decided to .. give the company to Janis's father .." he said making me and Janis freeze.

"What ?" I asked in disbelief.

"You're giving away our company ?" I asked.

"We've come to a decision that it's the best for us.." he answered as I frown.

"Giving away what we built the whole time is the best way ?" I asked.

"I don't understand .. This wasn't part of the contract , Phaâw .." I said.

"The contract stated that if I marry Janis , we can keep the company .." I continue.

"And plus , the contract also state that if I don't marry Janis , the company will be theirs." I said as Phaâw sigh.

"The contract you saw .. was just one of the deal  .." he said making me frown.

"W-What ?" I asked.

"You mean there's another contract ? .." I asked as Mae look down while Phaâw nod slowly.

"The other contract was between me and their family .. it's a contract where .. it's either .. we keep the company or .. give it to them .." he said as he placed a piece of paper on the table. I frown , grabbing it as I read it.

"And I've been thinking that this is the best for us .." he continued as I clutched the paper.

"I don't agree to this .." I said as both Phaâw and Mae look at me.

"How much more is their family taking from us ?" I asked.

"Zee .." said Phaâw as I chuckled in disbelief , shaking my head.

"How long are we supposed to do as what they say ?!" I burst out.

"How much more do they want from us ?!" I asked.

"First they took our freedom away .. then now .. they want to take whatever we worked hard for just like that ?!" I shouted in anger.

"And all this time .. I am going to marry Janis because I thought about us .. our family .. I am already doing a huge favor and that is to take care of their daughter when deep down , I know I am not in love with Janis .." I said.

"Zee .. calm down na .." said Mae.

"No ! How long are you both going to give in to them ?!" I asked in frustration.

"This is the best for us." Said Phaâw.

"Mai. This is the best for you." I said.

"All this time ... our live becomes theirs .. our freedom .. becomes theirs ..." I said coldly.

"Have you ever asked me whether I was okay with this marriage ?" I said as the both of them kept quiet.

"You both clearly know .. that I am not in love with Janis and all this time ... I gave in just because I thought of you both." I continued.

"Just to remind you , this all happened because you didn't know how to take care of your family and your company." I said.

"How can you be so selfish huh ?" I asked in disbelief , throwing Phaâw aback.

"Zee , that's not how you talk to your father." Said Mae.

"Fine. Do what you have to do. Give them our company." I said coldly.

"However .. since you're giving in to them. I'll cancel the wedding." I said , getting up with the paper , wanting to walk out of the room.

"Zee. Don't you dare cancel the wedding." Scolded Phaâw making me stop my tracks.

"It's not like you care about my life." I said back coldly before walking out of the room.

I got into my car , starting the car as I buckled my seatbelt. I breathe hard , feeling the anger run through my veins. I then drove off.

I soon reached Janis's office. I stormed into her office making her turn.

"Aow , Zee .. what-." I grabbed her wrist , pulling her out with me making her gasp in shock.

"Zee ! What are you doing ?!" She exclaimed as I clench my jaw.

"Zee , you're hurting me !" She continued as I then let go of her wrist making her breathe hard , holding her wrist.

"What the hell is your problem ?!" She asked.

"Explain." I said , showing her the contract. She frown , grabbing the paper. She look at it before looking at me.

"Zee .. I can explain-."

"So you knew .. you knew about this the whole time but you didn't care to tell me ?" I asked in disbelief.

"I really wanted to tell you but I was just finding a right time to tell you !" She explained as I rubbed my temple.

"All this time. You knew that even if I marry you , my family would still have to give you and your family the company .." I said as she sigh.

"Why would you lie to me about this ?" I asked as she shook her head , grabbing my hand.

"I didn't mean to lie to you , Zee .. I did want to tell you .. but at the same time , I didn't want to lose you ..  I was scared that if you knew about this , you'll rethink your decision to marry me ..." she said softly.

"I love you , Zee ..." she continued as I pulled my hand back.

"Zee .." she said as I then shook my head , walking away , back to my car. I got in , starting the car as I buckled my seatbelt before driving off , leaving Janis standing there.

I clutch the stirring wheel , breathing out as I sigh heavily. I clench my jaw before hitting the stirring wheel , running my hair in frustration.

Nunew's POV.

I paced back and forth , waiting for P'Zee who hasn't come back.

"It's been hours since he left .. where is he ?" I thought , looking at the clock. I then grabbed my phone , seeing no messages or calls. I sigh , clutching my phone as I sat down on the sofa , feeling anxious.

"God .. I hope everything is okay .." I thought and soon I heard the door open and the sound of footsteps making me get up from my seat. P'Zee then slowly walked into the living room as I look at him. He look at me before smiling weakly. I soon realized that something was wrong. I quickly walked towards him , bringing him to my embrace.

"It's okay .. you're going to be okay .." I whispered as he then slowly wrapped his arms around me , hugging me tightly as if I was about to disappear. I sigh , clutching his shirt tightly as he hide his face on the crook of my neck.

"Everything will be okay .. I promise .." I whispered.