45

Nunew's POV.

"Krub , don't worry na , I will handle the changes with my team .." I said on the phone.

"Kha~ see you soon~" I said before hanging up. I sigh , finishing my final meeting with my client. I look over to Nuna who was fast asleep on the sofa making me chuckle softly before getting up , walking over to the sofa. I caressed her head lovingly , watching her cheeks puffed up while she sleeps soundly. I kissed her forehead , pulling my blazer up to cover her tiny body.

"Papa loves you angel .." I whispered and soon my phone buzz making me look down to my screen. I smile softly , looking at who was calling before getting up , walking to the window.

"Hia .." I said.

Zee's POV.

"Hey baby .. I was just checking in on my two beloved people .." I said earning a chuckle from him.

"We are doing fine , I just finished my last meeting with my client .. Nuna is fast asleep on the sofa ... I guess she is too tired being my assistant.." he said making me smile.

"That's good to know .. oh yeah , I can't pick you and Nuna up , I got some last minute meeting .. I'll meet you straight at the mall later na .." I said.

"Er , don't worry , I'll probably take Nuna to go shopping .. it's been awhile since we went shopping ..." he answered making me smile.

"Okay then .. I've transferred some money .. do use it na .." I said and soon the door open making me turn to see Max.

"I've gotta go .. I'll see you later .. I love you .." I said earning a 'I love you' back from Nunew as I then hung up.

"Loving marriage life I see .." Said Max as I chuckled.

"You have no idea .. this past 4 years has been nothing but an amazing years. Not only did I marry the love of my life but I even got to adopt one of the most lovable little girl.." I said , looking at the picture of me , Nunew and Nuna on my table.

"Well I am happy that you are happy .." said Max as I smile slightly.

"Anyways .. your parents have been trying to contact me .." he said making me look at him.

"How long are you going to ignore them ?" He asked.

"Why should I contact them ? After how they treated me before .." I said.

"You remember what I told you. Up to this day , I still remember my father's words saying that if I walk out through that door with Nhu. I am no longer his son." I said.

"And plus .. I am the most happiest without them in my life .." I continued and soon the door opened revealing my secretary.

"Khun Zee , the meeting is about to start." He said as I then nod. I got up , buttoning my blazer before walking past Max.

"Oh .. and so far as I can remember , they are no longer my parents." I said before walking out , leaving Max alone.

- later -

Nunew's POV.

"Nuna is growing so fast .." said Nat as we walked around the mall.

"I know .." I said as I held Nuna's tiny hands.

"She's just like Hia , she acts like Hia  just like a carbon copy of Hia .." I said , smiling.

"Papa , look ! A teddy bear !" Exclaimed Nuna excitedly. All of a sudden Nuna let go of my hand , running to the front.

"Nuna ! Wait !" I exclaimed before speed walking to chase after Nuna with Nat following me from behind.

"Nuna !" I called , chasing after her. I soon saw Nuna bumped into a woman making me gasp softly.

"Nuna !" I called as the woman held Nuna.

"Woah , little princess , you have to be a little careful na .." said the woman.

"I am sorry miss .." said Nuna respectfully.

"Nuna .." I called as Nuna ran over to me. I carried her in my arms.

"Baby , I told you not to run off like that .." I said.

"I am sorry Papa .." she said making me sigh , smiling softly.

"I am sorry ma'am that my da-." I turn to the woman and soon froze in my spot.

"Nunew .." she said.

"Janis .." I said softly as she then turned to look at Nuna who was in my arms and back to me.

"Nhu .. how can you run so fa-." Nat froze beside me once he saw Janis in front of us.

- later -

"It's been a while na since we last saw each other .." said Janis as I nod softly.

"So ... Nuna .. is your daughter ?" She asked making me nod.

"Krub .." I said as we watch her play at the playground with Nat.

"So I assume .. that .. she's you and Zee's daughter .." she said making nod slowly.

"You know .. after what happened before .. I have to be honest , I was .. really hurt .." she said softly as I look at her.

"Because .. I thought you were the one who can help me get closer to Zee .." she continued.

"You know that I really love Zee ..." she said.

"Krub .." I said softly.

"However , I think back .. and I realize what Zee said was true .. he was never in love with me in the first place.. my family was keeping him hostage just because of the mistake his family made .." she said.

"I wanted to look for the both of you to talk to you .. and apologize .." she said making me look at her.

"Apologize for ruining your happiness .. when you both clearly deserve each other .." she said.

"And on behalf of my family .... I am so sorry na .." she said as tears rolled down her cheeks. I smile , placing my hand on hers.

"I am sorry too .." I said.

"I was never mad at you na , Janis .." I said softly making her smile , squeezing my hand. She then hugged me tightly as I rubbed her back.

"You and Zee must have been suffering so much na .." she croaked making me caress her back. She then sniffled , wiping her tears away as she pulled back. I smile , holding her hand.

"Does this mean we're friends ?" She asked making me chuckle.

"Of course !" I exclaim as we both giggled.

"Papa !" We both turn seeing Nuna running towards me making me smile , opening my arms. She crashed into my arms as I then placed her on my lap. Nuna smiled, hugging me tightly as Janis looked at us fondly.

"You know .. Zee's parents have been trying to contact Zee .." she said making me look at her.

"They miss him .. even though my parents are no longer in touch with Zee's parents .. I would often visit them .. and I can see how much they miss their son .." she continued.

"I do too want to see Hia's parents .. and apologize for everything .. I would want them to see Nuna .. their granddaughter .. I also want them to accept me as their son in law .. but Hia made it clear to me after we got married that he doesn't want to be in contact with his parents anymore .." I said , sighing softly as I rubbed Nuna's back lovingly.