52

- two days later -

Nunew's POV.

Me , Hia and Nuna walked out of Chiang Mai's airport.

"Nhu !" We all turned seeing Pa.

"Pops !!" Shouted Nuna excitedly as she ran to her grandfather's arms. Me and Hia slowly walked over to him.

"Look at how big my princess is already !" Exclaim Pa as I smile fondly. Pa then turned to me as I gave him a side hug. He gave me a kiss on the side of my head.

"Zee .." Said Pa.

"Sawadee krub , Khun Pa .." greeted Hia.

"Let's go .. your nana is waiting back at home .." said Pa as he slowly put Nuna down. Hia grabbed our bags , placing it at the trunk while me and Nuna got into the back. Hia then got into the back with me. We both look at each other before looking away , out of the window. Ever since the huge argument that me and Hia had , we haven't uttered a word to each other. We tried not to show it to our Nuna.

"Daddy .." cooed Nuna as she crawled down from my lap , going to Hia. Hia smiled , placing her on his lap as the two interacted. I smile softly before sighing , looking out of the window. Soon my phone buzz making me look down to my phone.

I breathe out before looking back at Hia who was talking to Nuna

- later -

I got out of the car with Nuna as Hia helped Pa get the luggages.

"There's my babies !" I lifted my head up seeing Mae walking towards us.

"Nanaaa~" squeaked Nuna before running towards Mae. I smile before walking over to them.

"Ohh my baby .." said Mae as she hugged Nuna tightly.

"Sawadee krub mae .." I greeted as I hugged Mae tightly.

"Oh my beautiful son is home .." she said , rubbing my back as I then pulled away.

"You look so tired .. look at those panda eyes .." she said caressing my cheek.

"Papa has been working so hard , Nana .." said Nuna making me chuckle , rubbing her back.

"That's because papa promised you to buy you , your toy remember .." I said making Nuna giggled.

"Sawadee krub , Khun Mae .." said Hia as she turned.

"There's my son in law .." she said as Hia smiled.

"Why don't you all go and rest up while I go prepare lunch na .." Said Mae making me nod.

"I want to help Nana !" Exclaimed Nuna making Mae chuckle.

"Okay then , you shall be my assistant chef .." said Mae as I smile.

"Let me help !" Said Pa as he walked over to us.

"Yay !!" Shouted Nuna excitedly making all of us burst into laughter. I smile , watching them walk away , leaving me and Hia alone. My smile slowly disappear as I look at Hia.

"Let's go unpack." He said coldly , walking in. I sigh , following him from behind.

I placed my clothes in the closet as I then lift my head up seeing Hia unpacking his bag. I breathe out slowly before continuing placing my clothes in the closet. I soon realize that the only space was the top shelf. I went on my tip toe , trying my best to reach the top shelf but I was still too short. Soon a hand grabbed my clothes making me turn to see Hia. He helps me place the clothes on the too shelf. He look at me before walking out of the room. I look down , sighing.

"Zee ! Nhu ! Lunch is ready !" I heard Mae called. I clutch my fist , walking out of the room , closing the door behind me. I walked downstairs to see Hia sitting with Nuna at the dining table. I sat across them , next to Mae. Mae placed my plate in front of me making me smile as I then look at Hia.

"So Zee , how's business in Bangkok going hm ?" Asked Mae as we ate.

"Everything is going well , sales are going great too .." answered Hia as Mae nod.

"What you Nhu .. is the boutique still going strong ?" She asked.

"It's going well Mae .." I said , smiling softly.

"That's good to hear .." said Mae.

"Then .. how are the both of you going hm ? I hope my son isn't giving my son in law a hard time in the marriage .." said Mae jokingly making me look up to Hia as we lock eyes. Mae frown , looking at me and Hia , confused. Hia then look away making me sigh , looking down to my food. Soon awkward silence filled the air.

"How about desserts ?" Asked Pa , trying to change the topic making Nuna cheered.

- later -

I sat on the swing , watching Hia play with Nuna at the garden. I sigh , folding my arms. Soon I felt a hand on my shoulder making me turn to see Mae. I smile softly as she then sat beside me.

"Are you okay honey ?" She asked.

"Yeah .. I am .." I said softly , forcing a smile.

"Are you sure ?" She asked , placing her hand on mine.

"If there's anything bothering you .. you can always tell me na .." she said reassuringly as I then sigh , looking at Hia.

"Mae .." I said making her hum.

"I think I messed up .. big time .." I said softly making her frown.

"What do you mean ?" She asked making me breathe out , turning to her.

"Me and Hia .. we kinda got into a huge argument .. a few days ago .." I said.

"Hm .. is that why you both have been quiet .." she asked making me nod slowly.

"You knew ?" I asked.

"I didn't know .. I noticed .." she said as I sighed.

"What did you both fought about huh ?" She asked.

"I .. met his mom .. me and Nuna kinda bumped into her when we were doing the groceries. She apologized for how treated me .. and that she regretted everything .. she even told me that she misses Hia .. and wish that she could turn back time. Ever since then .. I keep bringing Nuna to see her grandma once in awhile .." I said as she listened intently.

"Did Zee know about this hm ?" She asked , caressing my hand.

"He did .. I told him .. but he told to not be in contact with his mom .." I said.

"But .. I went against his words and brought Nuna to see his mom behind his back ... he found out .. and that's when we had a huge argument .." I said , looking down.

"I didn't expect things to go this way .. all I wanted for us to be a family ... all I wanted was Nuna to see her daddy's family .. but .. Hia is still mad about what happened before that he doesn't believe that things will change ..." I said as mae nod.

"I wanted to fix things but all I did was mess things up even more .." I said , looking at Hia and Nuna.

"I don't even what to do anymore .." I continued softly.