Chapter 16-The Demon's Trial Part 3- (It's Finally Over)

What happened and where am I? ...i hear beeping noises.....and I feel more than I see or hear someone talking to me, voice full of tears...but the voice is so familiar and loving......WAIT....hospital....hospital, once again....i was and AM so tired....and NOW it hits me, the trial....the PAIN, SHEER PAIN...nightmares, nothing but nightmares and darkness.....and that familiar voice is alarmed, and trying SO hard to ground me....i am...just out of it....

"Paul...PAUL.... come on, breathe...PLEASE.... listen to the sound of my voice. MOONBEAM..." It's THIS THAT IS GIVING ME pause...MICK, IT HAS TO BE MICK. "—I'm not going anywhere, I am right HERE by your side, in your corner...breathe baby, breathe for me, I love you...god do I love you." I open my eyes with a groan, granted I am also bawling my eyes out now and after what feels like an eternity and I see Mick, and I at last calm enough to talk.

"M-Mick...." I whisper and its now occurring to me to ask, remembering that I was sedated so I could sleep, "How long...have I been out?" Hesitant, dreading and yet needing the answer.

Gentle spider like hands reach out and brush some of my curls behind my ear and caress my face, further calming me before Mick replies with, "A Couple of days.... i was so scared for you, you cried out in pain in your sleep....and the trial is over..." Here he breaks down before he continues, "---And I have news.... GOOD news Moonbeam." Not once does he let go of me, I hold his hands to my face nuzzling them and I feel myself tremble.

"Mick...I'm. I'm so sorry I scared you...I never meant..." I ramble, voice small.

"Paul.... I'm not angry. Yes, I am scared, and I was.... but like I said I ain't going anywhere, I know you never meant for any of this to happen...and I am never letting you go, I will hold you as I tell you what's happened regarding the trial, I promise you."

"O-Ok......" I take a deep breath, albeit a shaky one, "I love you...I LOVE YOU." Strongly, fiercely.

"As I love YOU." Mick says in the same tone, and I blink, and he has his arms wrapped around me, he and I holding one another as he takes a breath and the tears, oh the tears make a comeback., My lover's tone containing many emotions, emotions of anger, fear, relief, love, and pride, "---That DEMON BASTARD..." Mick growls those words before going on, "—Was given the harshest punishment...sentence he could be given, LIFE....LIFE for what he's done to you. It was recommended by me and others that he be ISOLATED...in that he will get a taste of his own medicine and then some. Vincent is getting at least 10 years, or longer for basically being that bastard's co-conspirator. Simmon's...personal assets were frozen...and the money, the money he took from you Paul.... will be going back to your own account, your personal account...I made sure of that, and that also I believe includes royalties. Eric was physically restrained from going after Gene and Vinnie, though he did get some good hits in for you baby...Justice, finally you're getting the justice YOU DESERVE Paul." Finally, I could begin to truly heal, work on it.... towards it, I NEVER thought I'd see the day....and if You are wondering about the Kiss aspect of things, I NEVER could reform it.... for I'd found a place.... a band, a family I belonged. I found MY place...my heart in my ALIEN. But I will tell you the royalties and the commercial things regarding my former band.... yes, I would as Mick alluded to; receive the money I was cheated out of from the royalties, but Kiss otherwise never again saw the light of day so to speak as far as albums etc..... i closed THOSE doors....

My mind is reeling in shock, I am speechless unless you count my sobs and clinging to Mick as if my life depended on it, which in a way it DOES and it HAS...and it takes me a few minutes to form any kind of response and when I do.... Mick and I only pulling back enough to look at one another...

"You...mean...its...its...REALLY OVER?" I manage to get out and really, it's a wonder Mick can remotely understand me, but he DOES and that is MY alien.

A gentle tear-filled kiss, "It IS....and I swear to you Paul I will...always, always be by your side.... fight in your corner, spoil you, watch you grow...fly, moreover, to LOVE YOU...heal you."

"Mick...my moon, ever since...." My voice cracks, my accent becoming more prominent, and I embrace it, "---You found me with the guys, I've NEVER EVER had anyone CARE or show me kindness and for 10 YEARS of my life.... I live in the shadows, those PAINFUL shadows. I've found or am finding where I belong, a family.... something I've LONGED for, for all my life. And I find I ESPECIALLY belong with YOU Mick Mars, my Moon...my everything. You...SAVED me, you've done and do things for me, no one has ever done....and you love me, you love me flaws and all. I can NEVER thank you enough, for bringing all this about." And a thought occurs after my emotional speech and sure enough Mick picks up on it, me in awe as always at HIS way....

"If you're wondering, they've been by as they can...they'd also been at the trial. But they've checked on you every day, several times a day...and Eric has as well."

"I feel NOW, we can put our pasts behind us.... Eric has really earned my trust and despite my issues, I HAVE noticed that he's been making eyes at Tommy...." I trail off, feeling a bit amused, surprisingly, and yet not....

"Stranger things have happened..." Mick muses, "But really, if their happy seeming as the wind is blowing that way....and I have some surprises for you, for our getaway and other wise. But first...." He leans in and I meet him, as he kisses me.... taking away my breath, and I can't get enough of THIS feeling, of being CHERISHED AND naturally the tears renew, but its fucking worth it. "---I...for the getaway, found a beautiful cabin in the mountains...on the lake, its very peaceful and I made sure it was stocked. I love being in nature....and its perfect for seeing stars and taking walks...cooking.... but the beauty of it all doesn't compare to you, my beloved moon beam...nothing ever COULD. You know you've changed my life in every way, I'd never imagined that anyone would ever let me in, would love me...trust me and I found that in you......I wouldn't trade it, the feeling for anything....and..." Mick pauses, " You of course FINALLY have your own money, which you fucking DESERVE but I also I added you on to MY account..."

I find myself once again struck speechless and it takes some time for me to formulate a response, I am overwhelmed in a good way...touched to my core....

"You don't.... KNOW how much that means to me, ALL of it.... I've never had a partner willing to trust me with the money, to SHARE everything....and, I can get thru this...with you.... with you Mick." Once more we come together in an emotional charged kiss....

FINALLY, its over...it's OVER and I can begin to go on...MOVE on. And no doubt I will still have my days, my times....my issues and then there's sex with Mick, making love I mean...and the children which I desperately want yet it terrifies me all at once...the POINT is I know I will never again have to deal with anything on my own, I have someone at my side has done what I for so long I thought impossible.....and has opened my heart, has SAVED ME.

A/N: At last, the Demon is vanquished, and Paul has gotten well deserved justice. Next up is the getaway, the first of three parts...stay tuned!!