Chapter 36: A Baby Shower Tale & Thrilling News Part 2

What an emotional and beautiful day this has already been, I will NEVER forget this day and still there is much more to come. I know Mick will never forget this day either.... I NEVER thought I'd see my babies, OUR babies that I sadly lost. Mick was right, when he told me they knew how much they love me, that they knew. I've never known anyone like Mick, and they sent him to me? I swear they take after my beloved moon, wanting me to be happy.... taking care of me, loving me, with me ALWAYS....and ah, seems we've arrived at Vince and Nikki's place AND my husband's voice brings me out of my reverie....

"We're here.... you ok Paul?" Mick asks concerned, the love in his eyes makes me melt.

"I'm fine Mick, I promise......i was just thinking about them and YOU."

"I know moonbeam, very much because I feel much the same. I think of all our children and you every moment of everyday and that I swear to you will never change.... now I will help you out of course and I can't wait to see what's in store for you but first...." Those final words are breathed across my lips, before those perfect lips are upon my own, the rhythm hypnotizing and we kiss until the need for air wins out and I feel myself blush. Mick brushes back a few curls gently, "You look so radiant Paul."

Before I could reply I felt Luna kick me and I managed to find my voice, grabbing his hand, and placing it on my stomach. "She's kicking again..." I pause laughing, "I do believe she agrees with you."

"I say it because it's true, and she is just as beautiful as her mother." We do leave the car, but not before Mick dries my tears and gives Luna affection and true to his word Mick helps me carefully out of the car and to the door where we're greeted by both Vince and Nikki who I hug as best I can, given my baby bump and I get concerned that I don't see or hear Eric or Tommy, and hmm...I bet mine and Mick's feelings just may be true.

"Where's Eric and Tommy? Mick and I feel that..." I trail off, feeling emotional and soon dissolve into tears.

"You'd be right, the alien and his mate....Eric called earlier, Tommy is really having it rough with the morning sickness and Tommy is devastated he couldn't be here, Eric insisted that he take care of Tommy and that you and Mick would understand, I know they both wanted to be here, but again....Eric even took Tommy to the hospital, he was so worried...he is, baby is fine from what we heard." Nikki answers, concerned for both Tommy and me, "Eric somewhere in this dropped off their gifts." Well, that's two questions answered.

A gentle hand reaches up to wipe away my tears and I hold to it tightly, "I know I feel you baby, let's get you off your feet, ok? And would it make you feel better to give them a call?"

"Yes." I whisper.

"Ok we can do that..." Mick turns to Nikki, "it all right we call them? it would cheer Paul and Tommy up."

"You bet your ass Mars-Man."

"S-Sorry for b-being such a mess..." I begin, Vince interrupts me.

"Paul its fucking ok, man." I feel a teensy bit better, still guilty, and emotional though. Mick gets me settled in their living room, feet propped up as I then dial Tommy and Eric, Eric answers telling me Tommy is sleeping and I pass along that Mick, and I feel they are with us in spirit and us more than understand and to tell Tommy to just worry about the baby and rest as he can.

Once that's done, my stomach growls Luna kicking me repeatedly at the lack of food. I grab my husband's hand and place it on my stomach smiling.

"Someone is protesting the lack of food."

"She is, she is so cute." Mick chuckles.

"Oh man, we got plenty of food. And wait till you see what we've got set up." Vince chuckles before his gaze turns more serious, "You two are made for each other.... I've never seen Mick so happy until he found you Paul."

"He's my one, he was sent to me by my precious little guardian angels." I whisper tearfully sharing a glance with Mick, eyes shiny with tears like my own and I feel those lips I know so well upon my own....

Carefully I am helped off the couch, Mick telling me to close my eyes...him holding tightly to him, him making sure Luna and I are ok, and after an eternity he tells me to open my eyes and they go wide as they can go, and I am touched to my core....

My favorite moon lilies everywhere, the dining room looks like an enchanted garden....my favorite colors of purple and blue, a wee bit of pink.... loads of baby gifts set aside, food of course.... this...this is stunning, stunning....

"Wow.... this...is.... wow..." Words escape me, "Thank you...just thank you." I managed to get out although tearfully.

Vince and Nikki tell me they're family, we are family...it's what they do, and that Mick really went above and beyond, for me...for Luna, making me fall even more for him. Mick before anything else is done, gets me settled and comfortable.... kissing me and giving Luna affection and at last we eat. Making conversation, new memories...so much love and teasing going around, and I LOVE having a family and I smile too as I think of my little moon angels, feeling they are with us. I feel Mick squeeze my hand; he KNOWS.

The food is delicious, Luna kicking me in delight.... making me melt, just loving the feel of her and I eat until I can't anymore and then come the mountains of baby gifts starting with the ones from Eric and Tommy.

"Aw, Mick look! This...is precious." I pulled out a knitted blanket covered in moon lilies that I know Eric made.

"It's beautiful." He fairly beams. More gifts follow: Diapers, knitted booties, clothes.... Each gift is thoughtful and meaningful.

Then come Nikki and Vince's gifts: A baby sized Mӧtley jacket made for a girl, with the words 'baby mars' on the back, sketches of Mick and I, me very much pregnant, baby bedding and so much more.

"I can never thank you guys enough! I mean this has been the most magical, emotional, beautiful day.... i never thought I'd be HERE, have a family.... celebrating expanding that family and here I am, here we are. Its everything."

"I couldn't agree more moonbeam, I couldn't agree more." Softly. "I love you."

"I love you too my moon...Luna and I both do, and so do our little guardian angels." I whisper back tearfully before once more I feel Mick's lips upon my own and we are soon in our own little world.

It truly was the most magical day, a day full of laughter of tears.... a true celebrate of not just Luna, although it was very much a celebration of her...it was a celebration of love and family. Pictures were taken and I remember last but sure the hell not least, Mick surprised me with his gifts for Luna and me: A beautiful crib, and matching bassinet carved/made with designs of moons and moonflowers, a 'moon pillow' just Luna's size. And for me: my favorite books, all kinds of art materials, my favorite bath scents and shampoos, and a tattoo he'd gotten of me, him, and I together side by side gazing at one another and I could see the love between us and feel it. It meant so much, everything Mick did and does for me, for our children...and back then? It was just as true then as it is today and where you next find me, and Mick is a month before Luna is born....

A/N: Part 2 of the baby shower and next chapter it will be almost time for Luna Winter Mars to make her official debut.