Chapter 41: Our First Evening Part 2

I find myself waking up, alone but oh so warm and cozy...and I know I am not alone, I feel like I slept a long time, slowly I sit up and about the time I do, I hear the voice and foot falls of my moon and cooing noises, making me melt.

"Let's see if mommy is up, huh? Something tells me he is." A moment later, Mick and Luna come into view my heart leaping in joy, and I get misty. "I was right sweet moon..." Mick's eyes soft, "You slept a long time, needed it...its evening and dinner time. Luna's just been changed, she's fed from you a time or two, now would you like to hold our daughter?"

"You're right I did need it, still sleepy......" I murmur before saying, "I would love to." Mick is in moments before me, carefully handing me our daughter who I swear coos in delight once in my arms. "You're such a happy baby, mommy loves you so much, you and daddy." I rock her gently, leaning my head carefully on Mick's shoulder as at this moment he is sitting beside me, an arm wrapped around my waist. I LOVE this, US all together.

"I swear..." Mick begins softly, "—I can't get over her, how she shows her love for us, the way you look with her. You're doing amazing with her Paul, and this is our first evening as a family of 3."

"I know my moon I know and its something truly, truly special." I murmur, admiring our daughter running a finger gently along her little cheek, her 'grabbing' it making me melt. "—The way she looks at me, at US like we're her world...I swear I see the love, feel it." Luna coos, I mean its beyond adorable and my stomach growls making me blush.

"What would you want for dinner Paul?" I protest I should help but Mick responds with, "Baby you ARE helping, you're still healing ok and its NO trouble." My husband, my beloved husband I only fall more and more in love with.

"Um...roasted garlic chicken breast and roasted vegetables, I think." I replied after a moment.

"Sounds divine, I'll get started on that...you just rest with Luna..." I cut him off.

"I will Mick, but I wanna be with you."

Mick smiles at this meaning 'yes' and we share a slow and loving kiss, before he helps me with Luna off the couch and we head into the kitchen, bringing a bassinet my husband then helping me sit at the kitchen table, basinet in easy reach kissing me and then Luna on her forehead, and I carefully lay Luna in her bassinet, her little blanket included my heart so full and light.

"I love you moonbeam."

"I love you too my moon." Mick leans down to kiss me, passionately leaving me dazed before leaning down and giving Luna affection, "---Love you my little moon princess, be good for mommy while I fix dinner, but if you need me or mommy does, I will come running." These words, I can't HELP but get misty. Mick gets started on dinner, while I spend time with Luna talking to her, taking care of her and of course Mick and talk as well, just all of us bonding together as a family.

For so long, I never knew what this was like.... surrounded by love, by warmth....and I never thought or imagined that I would have a family of my own and here I am now: my first evening with my precious newborn daughter Luna and my beloved husband who saved my life in every way and its because of Mick that I found where I belonged: at his side and in Mӧtley Crϋe, and I am thriving, we all are and I can't help but love that and I can't help but fall in love even more with my husband.

Not long before the food is done, Luna starts wailing and I internally panic, but acting quickly I first check her diaper and she is good, she doesn't wanna feed and so I just hold her soothing her:

"Shh little moon, you're ok...aw, you just wanted attention and to be held huh?" Luna calms more, her cries reduced to fussing until they turn into coos as I rock her in my arms. "I love you sweet girl, so much and always will I hold you in my arms and in my heart." I gently kiss her forehead and she start making the cutest little yawns. "Sleep princess, and if you need me or daddy, will be right here, ok?" I sing a lullaby and the next I know she is asleep, and once more in her bassinet, covered with her moon blanket me making sure she is safe. And I look up to my husband whose eyes are glowing....

"Paul, you look so wonderful.... stunning, you're natural with Luna. I just I mean wow." Mick's words make me blush and softly he adds on, "Dinner is ready moonbeam."

"Oh Mick, every day I am thankful more than you could ever know that you saved my life that night and for all you do for me. I love you." Time rushes forward and yet stands still as next thing I know is I feel Mick, his lips upon my own, lightly running his fingers through my curls and I only pull him tighter to me, to deepen our kiss.

I love, how we don't need words to express our love for one another, but God does it mean so much when we do...

Mick dishes up dinner for him and I, serving me first and checking on Luna who is still sleeping away, him sitting close to me as he can get, making sure to touch some part of me, while we eat and talk.

"Oh!" Mick exclaims, "Meant to tell you the guys of course all called while you were sleeping checking on you. I told them you were doing well, still a little sore...resting and Luna was doing great...just such a perfect day/evening as a family of three." Mick smirks though his eyes are soft, "Eric called well he and Tommy did...."

I cut him off with a smirk of my own, knowing. "The genders for the twins? And lemme guess we won the pot?"

Mick laughs but not too loud to disturb our daughter, "Yep two boys! Two boys from the world's most hyperactive drummers I've ever known!" my Husband's tone turns tender, "I am happy for them, Eric is good for Tommy keeps him grounded, makes him happy and they will be amazing parents."

"I feel the same way Mick, the same way." I echo softly, as we continue to eat, trading kisses and watching over Luna and I couldn't ask for a more perfect evening for our first evening as a family of three. And I feel that our other children, our little guardian moon angels with us and my heart is so full, so very full.

I've said many times over the years, how much our first evening as a family meant.... How huge that was for not only me, but for the US and how truly it was a perfect, perfect evening. And that never changed for the children that would follow Luna and my dreams I will tell you, the ones of having a big family came true and my life and my heart was and is so very full, and it's all thanks to the man who has been at my side for all these years: my husband Mick Mars.

Part 2 of a family evening. Next chapter a visit from the extended family I believe so stay tuned.