Chapter 1

One shot had caused his demise. A bullet had pierced through the head of the man who for a few individuals, was seen as a threat. And then a call was made and a voice from the other end of the line responded.

"Hello, to what do I owe this call?"

" Mission complete." The killer with his gun still pointing down, had made the call. He was standing beside the lifeless body of sixty-two year old telecommunications chief, Mr. Philip Ayodeji. Philip was the founder and CEO of DejiTel, a company that was in the business of supplying telecommunications services to the Lagos State government.

DejiTel had recently won a mega contract bid worth 150million Naira. Mr. Ayodeji had always dreamed of doing business with the Lagos State government, since he set up his company. Having won the bid was like a childhood dream come true. 

He was elated and announced the good news to family and friends. He was a generous man, well loved and friendly to everyone. In fact judging by how likeable he was, one would think that he didn't have enemies.But winning a mega contract bid worth millions of Naira and announcing the good news, was enough to invite frowns from competitors.

And so two weeks after his company won the bid, he became the target of a smear campaign. Some three individuals all with business concerns in the telecommunications industry were displeased with his winning the contract bid.

They knew what winning such a contract meant. It would give free publicity and exposure to DejiTel Communications. Ltd. On top of that, the company could eventually become the official choice of the Lagos State government.

This meant that future contracts bids would only be announced to other competitors if-DejiTel, the first choice of the State Government, had its hands full or couldn't execute the contract.

This was a pie too big to go to one company because it left out other competitors. And so three men worried about their falling status, teamed up against him. Mr. Ayodeji had no idea that the three men-Chief Baron Lekki, Mr. Maxwell Idemudia and Mr. Clarence Wike, had teamed up together to wage a relentless war against him.

He was oblivious of the fact that the three men whom he had once assisted when they were setting up their own business ventures, had turned against him.

"Thank you, Jacob. Expect the transfer to your account early tomorrow morning."

"Thank you, sir." Jacob grinned.
"Keep your line open for future engagements." Said the caller.
"Yes, sir." Jacob ended the call and put his phone back into the inner pocket of the three piece suit that he was wearing. He then brought out a handkerchief, wiped his gun clean, and put the weapon back inside his briefcase. Carrying his briefcase he took one look at the lifeless body of Mr. Ayodeji, shook his head and walked out of the CEO's office.

He left the company premises and walked up to his car. He opened the boot, dropped his briefcase and closed it. Once he got into his car he turned the engine on and drove off. Thirty-two year old Jacob Danjuma was a man who always congratulated himself after a job well done.

He had the unusual habit of stopping by at a pub, immediately  after completing a mission, to fill his lungs with a few glasses of his favorite drink-Hennessy. And that is exactly what he wanted to do. He spotted the place, a pub that was simply called C-section. It was a name that he vividly recalled as a medical procedure. In medical parlance it meant Cesarean section.

"Extraction. Hmm, and what are you extracting? Oil, gold, diamonds?" He murmured. His fertile quick witted mind kept conjuring  up different meanings to the name given to the pub. From the outside it looked so trendy.

The tinted sliding entry doors and windows on both sides of the door, kept away prying  eyes from looking inside. It looked like an exclusive spot. Jacob wanted to check it and called his friend.