Chapter 16

"Franklin?" Aisha couldn't believe her eyes that standing a few distance away from her, was her ex boyfriend.

"I'm Franklin in person. Not a ghost." He said, laughing as he walked up to her. They looked into each other's eyes and Aisha felt like she was reliving the past, when they were a couple ready to take the vow to live happily ever after.

"So, aren't you going to give me a hug or even a kiss? Come on Aisha." Franklin moved closer to her and embraced her. Aisha closed her eyes as he embraced her.

You are not JC, Franklin. You should keep your distance. She thought. Franklin let go of her and hit her shoulders.

"So Mr. Franklin..."
"Ah no, Aisha. Darling, that's what you used to call me." Aisha smiled but wasn't happy.

"Wasn't that like some years ago? I mean before you disappeared?"
"I know, Aisha and I'm not proud of what I did. But I owe you an explanation. Let's find the time to talk."

"Let's talk? Talk about what, Franklin? When you literally left me heartbroken?" She asked.

"Forgive me, Aisha. There was too much pressure around me. But please find time so we can talk, please."
"Seriously, after all these years?"
"Aisha this is not the time to argue, Okay? A lot of things are going on right now. Just find some time for me, okay?
"I'll think about it." She said, half-heartedly.
"Good. Anyway I'm here on behalf of the family of Mr. Philip Ayodeji." Aisha  suddenly turned sour.

"Seriously? Is that why you are here?" She asked.
"Look they are bringing up a case..." He said.

"And you care about me so much to come all this way  to tell me?"

"The family of Philip wants to take your company and the Benue Group to court." He said.
"Seriously?" She asked, raising her eyebrows in seeming disgust.

"They say the cause of death was not from natural causes, and neither was it the result of a heart attack. The family believes a hit was contracted to take him out. I'm taking up their defense." Aisha looked at him angrily and turned around and walked up to the SUV. Franklin followed her and stopped when the door opened and she got in.

"As if abandoning me wasn't enough, you appear from nowhere and are now on the side of the enemy? Franklin? Jeez!"

"Aisha just listen to me, okay." Aisha ignored him and banged the door shut.

"Driver, move the car, abeg!"
"Yes, ma." The driver turned on the engine and drove off leaving Franklin in shocked. Aisha was infuriated by the sudden return of Franklin. She now had to think of what to tell Jacob if he came to find out that Franklin had returned.

Franklin I'm with JC now. Don't mess things up.

She brought out her phone and swiped through the photo gallery. Some old photos of she and Franklin were still there. One by one she looked at them, sometimes with a smile and in a few other cases, a frown.

Then the photo of Florence appeared and she focused on it. Her focus was intense as she couldn't understand why Jacob had not told her about having another woman. She was angry with him and her first thought, was to tell him that she knew about Florence. But in doing so she also had to tell him about the return of Franklin.

"Hello? Her phone rang and as she answered it she heard shouts and music.

"Hello, Aisha? Today we are ready for you, o." Fiona's voice came loud and clear followed by Fatiha saying,

"We dey wait for you for pub." Aisha laughed.

"Abeg you people should not clear out my drinks, o. My customers still need to shak."