Chapter 7

Jacob had gone back to the Studio which he and Razaq had set up for his operations. It was a small office in the Lekki district area that looked insignificant on the outside. There was no neon sign with a company name on it. So there was nothing to tell potential would-be customers that there was a business concern located there. 

The Studio, as they liked to call it, looked more like a warehouse with a big space. There was also two rooms one of which was the bathroom. The other was the kitchen. Razaq had the whole area outside the kitchen and toilet as space he could use for work.

 But he was a man who valued comfort and so he created a living room area and an office area in the same space. With the living room area he had placed two long three-seat sofa chairs facing each other and a single one in between them. There was a center table  and a TV set opposite the single chair.

When Jacob came in he immediately crashed onto one of the long sofa chairs. He closed his eyes to think about what he had done with Aisha in the storeroom.

" So Jacob how did the shopping go?" Asked Razaq, who had come to sit down.

"I got her a red-colored lingerie set." He sighed as he still remembered what she had said. You don't even know me. Who am I, what do I like?

"Hmmm, sounds like she has corrupted your mind, Jacob."

"Mmm, you mean I can't think straight?"
"It will take time before that happens. But if you stick to her long enough, you'll fall head over heels for her." Jacob closed his eyes again and saw the image of Aisha in his mind. Then he opened his eyes and looked at his friend.

"Who is she?" He asked Razaq
"What?" Jacob looked at his friend as he lay down on the sofa.
"She said I don't even know who she is, and what she likes."

"And do you really know her, Jacob?" That question got Jacob thinking more about Aisha. "Remember, a kiss or a one night stand does not tell you much about someone like Aisha." Said Razaq.

"So I should dig deeper, right?" Jacob asked. Razaq nodded. "Even after I told her it's over?"

"You mean you openly told her that?" Asked Razaq.

"I'm sorry it didn't work out between us. That's what I told her."

"And did she get the message?" Jacob got up and went into the kitchen to get himself a glass of wine. When he came back and sat down he glanced at his friend.

"Yes, she got the message."
"Seriously?" Razaq asked wondering why Jacob thought Aisha would simply walk away. Jacob nodded.

"Well, for someone you think got your message, you need to see this?"

Razaq took his phone and brought it for Jacob to see. He opened Aisha's Instagram account and opened a video that she had just published. It was an Instagram short. Aisha had put on the red bra Jacob had bought her.

"Hey fans, just got this new JC model red bra lingerie set delivered to my doorsteps. A shout-out to JC, muah, kiss kiss.  Do you like it? Comment below." Jacob scratched his head after reading it.

"As you can see, Jacob, she's completely into you already." Jacob closed his eyes and shook his head.

"Dammit! It wasn't supposed go this way, Razaq."
"Well you must have told her a lot of good lies. And guess what? She's trying to process all of them."

"She's taking me seriously, Razaq."
"Are you talking about trust?" Asked Razaq.

"She told me I don't know her. With enough trust she could open up, right?"

"And how are you going to gain her trust without exposing what we do?" Jacob fixed a gaze at his friend as something came to his mind.

"What if she wants to gain my trust and make me a part of her circle of few friends she can really trust?"
"Good point, bro. This brings up the question, what does she really do?"