Chapter 23

Jacob moved a few inches towards Aisha but she took a step back, avoiding any closeness with him. His hands went into his pocket, while his eyes, took full view her.

"Aisha?" He gulped his satisfaction at seeing her. At knowing that she was still attractive and that he was still attracted to her. Aisha giggled. Her impression of him as a womanizer hadn't change. But deep down, she was happy he had come to see her.

"Don't you recognize me anymore?" She asked.
"I think it's been quite  a while since I last saw you. But not to waste your time, let's get down to business."  Aisha lost her smile immediately. For her, business could wait. The rigid protocol of strictly doing business wasn't necessary. This was JC and not any other person.

"Business? Is that why you are here?" She asked.
"Yes. So if you don't mind..." Aisha saw seriousness in Jacob's eyes. "The upper floor."

She folded her hands in shock. Jacob was serious, and meant what he said. She envisioned his early exit from the club, once the business deal was over.

Thinking like this took her breath away. She wanted to be with him, to be in his company. He was her man and she had every right to be with him. But his seriousness was about to take that away, and she felt powerless to stop him. He was slowly slipping away. A faint and unpleasant smile graced her lips. But she had to show toughness.

"Good. Then let's go up." She told him. Aisha quickly told the waiter to bring them a bottle of Champagne as they settled down on the long sofa chair. Jacob didn't waste time in talking, while the waiter brought the Champagne.

"I had to deliver the video in person. Due to the sensitive nature of the content, I had to put it on a pendrive."

"Good. I have paid in the money, JC." She said. Jacob smiled.
"Thank you. I just hope the transaction goes through."

Aisha looked into his eyes as if she was calculating his level of sincerity. She was sure he had received the money but was lying about it. She cleared her throat and helped herself to a glass of champagne.

"Good, then help yourself to a glass of Champagne. Join me, JC." Jacob's eyes beamed as his survival instincts kicked in. He saw Aisha like an enemy setting a trap for him. But he didn't want to give her that satisfaction.

"I drink Hennessy, Aisha. Just Hennessy." Aisha didn't budge. She quickly motioned to the waiter who immediately brought up a bottle of Hennessy. It was a full bottle and in front of him, the waiter opened it and filled Jacob's glass.

"Cheers, Aisha." He gulped the first shot and filled the glass, again.
"Cheers, JC."

"So how have you been?" He asked, as he looked at her.

"Life is good. Business? I'm in control." She said, with a sense of pride and satisfaction.
"Control is good." He said. Jacob smiled as his eyes wandered around the upper floor area. Aisha instead kept looking at him lustfully, wondering if he was thinking of her or not. She reflected on the action she had wanted to take, the minute she saw him walk into the club.

"I could have thrown you out when you came in, JC." She gave him a stone cold look, like Jacob had crossed a line that he shouldn't have crossed. Jacob sighed following her hands as she lifted her glass up to her lips.

"Aisha, you always threatened to arrest and get me locked up. I will not be surprised if you plan to even get me beaten."

"Is that what you think, JC? Am I a monster, now?" She asked, horrified.
"But can't  you see where we are? You have reached the point where you don't even want to see me."

'Okay, JC, just stop it okay? Don't blame me." Aisha said. Jacob got up pretending to be angry and shook his head.
"I will, because everything about me irritates you. You said it yourself that you don't like me. That you have never liked me."