Chapter 11

Jacob had called Aisha the minute he got to the studio. For a few minutes he sat down in his car to think about the sudden change in behavior she had displayed. It was a shock to him and so he decided to call her and ask her how she was feeling.

"Hello, Aisha?" He sighed as her phone rang. " It's me JC." He said when she finally picked up the call.

"JC? Hi babe I kept wishing you'd call."
"Well, I called. So are you okay?"

" How can I, after the way you tried to persuade me to go and see my mother?"

"Aisha I was only trying to be helpful. At least before she forgets what she wanted to tell you."

"Not my mother." She said
"What do you mean?"
"JC, ask her the exact spot she left her head wrap five years ago, and she would tell you."

"She has a very good memory."
" It's why I don't want her to see you." Jacob was shocked when she said that.

"Ehm, what were you planning, Aisha?" Aisha kept quiet as what was foremost on her mind was how he went home in his own car. To her this meant he had someone follow them.

"Nothing, I just wished all of this, I mean everything was real."
"You mean us?" He asked.
"Yes babe, us." Jacob listened carefully to every word Aisha said. " I mean, the time spent with you was great. I've never felt so good in my life."

"But then you didn't hesitate to slap me remember?"
"Yes, but I immediately regretted it.. Will you be able to forgive me, JC?"

"Only if you promise not to repeat it again."
"I promise, babe. But please don't spoil my mood like you did."

"You mean how I kept insisting you go see your mother?"

"Yes, JC. It's like one minute you make me happy and the next minute you take it away."
"Seriously?" He asked.
"Yes."
"Okay how about we hang out this evening so I can make it up to you?"

"Okay, that would be nice."
"Then give me a call when you're through with whatever engagement you have."
"Okay, babe." Jacob ended the call and got out of his car and went into the studio.

"Hey, Razaq?" He walked up to his friend and shook hands with him.

" You Jacob, must be the happiest man in the whole of Lagos." Razaq told him.
"Say that again, bro!" Laughed Jacob.

"So how is the heiress? No, how was she?" Asked Razaq out of curiosity. Jacob laughed and went to sit down. Razaq followed him and also sat down.

"Boy, I wine dat babe big time o."
"So you no give am breathing space."
"What? Such babe dey land pesin dormot once in like twenty years, o." Razaq laughed.
"So you just join twenty years of wining take finish am for only one day, abi?"
"Boy, I no go tell you lie, Razaq. Dat babe, I really enjoy am, o."

"Jacob Danjuma, even before you started with her, I already knew you would not fail with her."

"Bro, I no go tell you lie, she's in love, o."

"Hmm, that means she wants commitment, abi?" Talking about commitment for Jacob was like touching a sensitive topic. With Aisha, he didn't want a serious relationship  because he didn't have a life that allowed him to make such a commitment. Just as Florence never knew about his profession, he had to avoid all conversations with Aisha that would bring up that topic.

"Doing what I do, a commitment is out of the question."
"So with Aisha how is it going to be? Just sex and that's all?" Jacob looked at Razaq worried. He knew Aisha, unlike Florence, wouldn't just accept a sex-only relationship. She was way more sophisticated than that.