Chapter 17

When Aisha and her friends parted ways, she went home with mixed feelings. Franklin had come to shake her world making her question her relationship with Jacob. What if JC comes to find out? She thought, how would he react?

She was so worried about what his reaction would be like, that her one thought was to call him immediately  and tell him. On top of that, Franklin representing a competitor company, also worried her.

The Benue Group comprised also of a telecommunications division called, C-Tel.
Unlike the three main competitor companies that forged an alliance against Mr. Ayodeji's DejiTel Communications Ltd, C-Tel, was a small player.

Being a smaller player in the industry, Aisha decided to use her hospitality company  to back C-Tel. This gave enough capital to C-Tel to compete in the State Government contract bidding process.

However Mr. Ayodeji's DejiTel, winning the contract bid, infuriated  other players in the industry. When the smear campaign took off, Mr. Ayodeji didn't think that his three closest friends who were also his competitors, were responsible for trying to tarnish his image. He took offense but pointed fingers at C-Tel.

Being the person in charge of public relations at C-Tel, Aisha reached out to him on several occasions. This led to a series of exchange of messages between her and Mr. Ayodeji. And then his sudden demise shocked the industry.

Aisha heard about it in the news but never gave it too much consideration. Mr. Ayodeji had come down hard on her company and the Benue Group. Now with Franklin appearing as defense for the Ayodeji family, Aisha wanted to know how Mr. Ayodeji really died.

When she got home past nine in the evening, she called out her mother's name.

"Mama?" The maid came running to meet her and greeted her.
"Welcome aunty." The maid took her hand bag and was about to leave when Aisha asked to know about her mother's whereabouts.
"Where's my mother?"
"Aunty she's in the parlour. They have a visitor."
"A visitor? At this hour?" The maid nodded. Aisha walked rapidly towards  the living room. As she got closer, she heard the voice of a man and stopped. Then she slowly walked into the living room only to see Franklin in the company of her parents sharing with them a bottle of wine.

"Aha my daughter so finally you came home. Come and greet your father." Aisha made her way to her father and did a half kneel in front of him as she greeted him.

"Welcome papa."
"Thank you my daughter. You are blessed. Go and sit down." Aisha went to her mother and greeted her too, before she looked annoyingly at Franklin.

"What are doing here, Franklin?" She asked before she went to sit down. Franklin got up and tried to explain himself but Aisha stopped him on the spot.

"Like I told you earlier..."
"Franklin you cannot come here just like that! Next time, please take an appointment, okay?" Franklin cleared his throat and asked the permission of Aisha's parents to speak.

"Go ahead young man. Tell Aisha what you told us. Please Aisha as your father I will advise you to listen." Aisha nodded.

"Ehm Aisha I know how angry you are over my disappearance and all what not. But I am not here for that now. Like I told you earlier, the family of Mr. Ayodeji is planning to sue your company and the Benue Group. They are saying he was murdered and that someone was hired to take him out."

"Do they know who was hired?" She asked.
"No but they believe the order came through C-Tel. It's why they want to take the case to court."

"So as their defense lawyer are you not supposed to be defending them?"

"Definitely."
"So why are you giving us this information?"

"Well...I mean, the man's son has underground connections. He's going to use them to find the killer." Aisha blinked and looked at her parents. They sat down in silence hoping that all their hard work over the years would not go in vain.