Chapter 19

Jacob lay down on one of the three-seater sofa chairs with his eyes closed. He wasn't in a good state of mind after hearing Franklin's name over the phone. However he didn't feel too bad because his relationship with Aisha wasn't a serious one. He had deleted her number from his phone, since she had lied to him, about Franklin going missing.

"Jacob wetin dey do you?" Asked Razaq.
"Nothing." He said opening his eyes.
"Hmm, so because of babe naim you be like pesin wey no get hope for life again?" Jacob laughed.

"Aisha type of babe comes only once in a generation." He said. Razaq folded his arms in shock.

"Seriously Jacob, I think you need to get your head sorted out." Razaq jokingly told him.

"Aha e never reach like dat o, my guy."
"Okay." He said. However the thought of Aisha shouting Franklin's name over the phone still bothered him.

"Razaq, do you still remember the news report that said Franklin went missing?"

"Oh, you mean the Lagos Daily News, article?"
"Yes."
"Are you saying they lied?" Jacob got up and sat down.

"I don't know. But if Aisha shouted out his name over the phone, then he's around. I think they are somehow in contact with each other."

"You are right, Jacob. But it's not what you think." Jacob shot a glance at his friend.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"Franklin Bolanle has been hired by the Ayodeji family to be their lawyer."

"Who are they sueing?" Razaq looked away from his monitor and focused his stare strongly on Jacob. "Razaq, what is it about?"

"Ehm, the family is taking your babe's company and the Benue Group to court. Now don't ask me why, Jacob."

"Why?"
"I told you not to ask why."
"Why, Razaq?" Razaq cleared his throat as he slowly opened his mouth.

"They think a hit was ordered on the CEO of DejiTel Communications, Mr. Philip Ayodeji. And that the order came from..."

"The Benue Group?" Razaq nodded.
"Jacob do you remember the guy you took out and then shortly afterwards, discovered C-Section?" Jacob nodded. "That was Mr. Philip Ayodeji."

"But, the order didn't come from them. Aisha and the Benue group had nothing to do with the hit."

"Well whoever did it, is framing them for the hit." Said, Razaq. "Oh and by the way, Jacob I've been wanting to show you this back and forth message between Aisha and Mr. Philip."

Jacob however had left the studio. He was on his way to see the man who sent him on his missions. He went directly to the pub where they usually met. There was no need fixing an appointment to see him. He knew the man had to be there.

When he got to the pub and went in he quickly scanned the place rapidly. He was sure the man was around. But he realized there was no sign of him. He sighed and went to the bar.

"A glass of Hennessy, please." The waiter served him the drink and just when he raised it up, a hand came down heavily on his shoulders.

"Jacob?" He turned around and saw the man. "Do we have an appointment? I don't think so."

"Do I need one?" Asked Jacob.
"You forget I'm also a busy man." Jacob gulped his drink down and asked for another shot. He had one question to ask the man and this time he really wanted answers.

"Why is Miss Benue and the Benue Group being framed for the hit on Philip Ayodeji?" The man cleared his throat and cast a serious glance at Jacob.

"Are you out of your mind?" He said.
"What?" Jacob asked in shock.
" I expressly told you that these people are dangerous. It meant you had to stay away from her. But you refused."