Chapter 25

Following the altercation in his studio between Aisha and Kunle, Franklin was angry. He decided that he wasn't going to represent the Ayodeji family, in the case they wanted to bring up against the Benue Group.

On top of that, his closeness to Aisha didn't give him the mental clarity he needed to follow up on the case. Seeing her in his office had rekindled a desire for her. He wanted to be with her again. A fresh start with her, was what he needed. To this end he convened a meeting with the Ayodeji family.

"The recent verbal altercation between Kunle and Miss Benue, in my office, has made me to reflect on my position. Kunle pointed to the fact that I had lost my sense of reasoning, due to my past relationship with Miss Benue. Reflecting on what he told me, I realized that this family will be better off without me representing them, in the case against the Benue Group."

Sitting in his studio was Patrick Ayodeji, Mr. Philip's first son, Kunle his second son and their mother. All three had entrusted Franklin with bringing up a case against the Benue Group for the murder of their beloved father and husband. Backing out was the last thing they had expected from Franklin.

All three family members were shocked that he had taken this decision. Franklin's decision infuriated Kunle, who didn't waste time in expressing his thoughts in a harsh manner.

"Mr. Franklin I can understand your position. But when you were hired, your relationship with Miss Benue didn't interfere. You said you were willing to go along with us all the way through. And now because of that thing, you've changed your mind?"

"Mr. Kunle with this attitude of yours, I do not think this case will go any further." Said Franklin.

"So because of her the case will not go far? Because of her you cannot represent us. Mr. Franklin, are you with your senses at all?" Kunle said in a burst of outrage. " It is people like you that go to the court and judge right to be wrong, and wrong to be right!"

"Kunle, mind your language, okay? I took a decision I feel was in the best interest of everybody and..."

"Everybody?" Asked Patrick.
"Definitely not in our interest. My brother is right. Your decision has favored one person, and one person only-Miss Benue." He got up and made his way to the door.

"Mama, let's go. One way or the other we will resolve this issue." Kunle got up and gave Franklin a threatening stare.

"It doesn't end here. You will soon hear some shocking news." Kunle told Franklin. When all three family members had left his office, Franklin quickly called Aisha.

"Hello, Aisha? It's me Franklin." Aisha was in no mood to answer his call. She still couldn't understand why Jacob had swindled her. She was still thinking of it when Franklin called. "Can we meet somewhere, just me and you?"

"Why?"
"I don't represent the Ayodeji family anymore."
"Why, what happened?" She asked.
"Ehm, it's complicated. But it's something I can't tell you over the phone. Can you come over to my office if you are not too busy." Aisha found it strange that Franklin wanted to see her in his office. She still remembered how he threatened to query her in court.

"And what is there to talk about?" She asked.
"Look Aisha can you come, for old times sake." Aisha look surprised that he wanted to meet her for old time sake. She giggled and shook her head.

"For old times sake? Have you forgotten what you said? About taking me to court?"
"Please, Aisha can we not go down that way? Just tell me if you're coming or not." Aisha was confused as to what Franklin's real motives were for wanting to see her. However she decide to go and see him. When she got to his office, he welcomed her in and told her to sit.