Chapter 21

Jacob had just come back to the studio enraged over the question Aisha had asked him. " Seriously speaking, this girl needs to be flogged o, Razaq." He was infuriated the minute she asked, and had refused to answer. Razaq saw the angry look on his friend's face as he walked up to him.

"You mean real flogging with cane?" Asked Razaq.
"When you try to settle things, she does the exact opposite."
"Jacob, she's angry knowing about Florence."
"Yes, but, over the phone? Come on Razaq."
"That only tells you the level of anger she has built up. It's like you betrayed her, and don't forget, Franklin's betrayal is still there.  She's processing too much, Jacob."

"So she wants an explanation?"
"I think you should try. At least tell her Florence was a one time thing."

"A one time thing? Florence?"
" Give it a try, bro." Jacob left the studio, got into his car and reached out to Aisha again.

"Listen, where are you, Aisha?"
I'm not at home."
"Are you at the villa, at the pub? I want to talk to you."

"About what JC?" Jacob sighed. This is not working, he thought.

"Okay, look, I apologize for my behavior. But I want us to meet and talk about it."

"Over the phone, people still communicate, don't they?" She asked.

"Aisha, I miss you. Can we just meet?" Aisha hearing him plead, was beginning to regret answering his  call. Having this conversation with him was already irritating her. But she didn't want to completely ignore him.

"JC, I have a busy schedule. But I will try to make up time..."

"And when will that be?" He asked. Aisha rolled her eyes at the question. Jeez, why am I even talking to this, womanizer? She thought.

"JC, I will decide when to meet you, okay? A lot is going on so I just want to be left alone." Jacob sighed and decided to end their conversation.

"No wahala, but please let me know what this week's schedule is going to be like, okay?"

"Why?" She asked with curiosity.
"Just so I know what you're up to and, keep an eye on my baby." Aisha giggled.

"And why would you want to do that?"
"I just want to be sure that you're okay. I mean, you said it yourself that a lot is going on. How can I stand by and watch, without supporting you?"

"Wow, JC. My mother was right. Men like you always know the right words to tell a woman. And you, in particular, do it so well."

Jacob shook his head, as he realized that  his efforts at persuading Aisha, was not doing much to change Aisha's attitude towards him.

"But don't bother yourself with all this sweet-talks. I've grown past that." Jacob laughed and exhaled.

" I'm happy that you are now a full grown adult." He said.

"I was an adult when I met you, JC. I was only a little naive to your deceitful and manipulative ways."

"Aisha you're taking this personal. It means you are still naive." Aisha lost her temper.

"Listen, JC, I do not like you, okay? I never have! So don't come around me, pretending to be some big shot, just because you wear three-piece suits."

"Aisha calm down, we are only talking?"

"No, JC! You and I have nothing to say to each other, anymore!"

"Aisha are you serious?"
"Didn't you say I am naive? What are you doing with such a person? Can't you stay away from me?"

"Aha, Aisha it hasn't got to that point, now." He pleaded. Aisha however was getting more and more infuriated hearing his voice.
" JC can you get off my phone? You are irritating me!"