Chapter 13

Jacob had lost his smile the minute Aisha told him that she went to see her mother. The longing and the desire with which he wanted to see her all vanished.

"JC, is everything alright?" He slowly nodded his head but looked away. Aisha was shocked by this sudden change in attitude and came to believe that her mother had really seen him. "JC, what is wrong? I mean, suddenly it's seems you don't even want to be with me." Jacob placed his left hand on her right shoulder.

"You have done nothing wrong."
"So what has come over you?"  She asked. Jacob had no explanation to give her except to lie to her.

"Nothing. I just remembered something and got carried away thinking about it."

"Okay, I guess we need to get out of this place." Aisha gave him a kiss and smiled. "Shall we go where we can have more privacy, JC?" Suddenly Jacob remembered why they had come to the pub.

"Aisha you said you wanted to talk to me?" Aisha studied him carefully and thought it was best not to talk about the meeting with her mother.

"I told you I went to see my mother. But I guess it's not the right time to talk about it."

"And why not?"
"Maybe you're not interested in knowing what we discussed."

"Did you tell her about us already?" He asked just to be sure she didn't.
"No, JC. But I think she already knows you." Jacob's eyes glowed in shock. The image of the elderly woman whom he saw in front of the club was enough to believe that Aisha's mother had seen him.

"I mean she knew I took someone to the villa."
"How?" Jacob asked
"I don't know. But she also knows that some guy is getting too close to me." Jacob looked at Aisha in disbelief. He realized immediately that Aisha could be under strict surveillance. She wasn't as free as she wanted to be.

"So she doesn't want to see that guy anywhere near you, abi?" Aisha smiled and embraced him resting her head against his chest.

"I think she's very protective. She's just looking out for me that's all."
"And for how long?"
"Maybe for as long as she lives. Who knows, maybe until she sees the right guy for me." Jacob moved away from her, angry over what she had just said.

"JC what are you doing?" Jacob went to the bar and dropped his glass and angrily left the pub. Aisha followed behind only to see him get into his car. "Wait, JC." She said. Jacob had turned on the engine when Aisha opened the front passenger door and jumped in. "JC what are you doing leaving me like that?"

"Get your mother to find you the right guy, okay?"

"Is that what this is about?"
"Am I not good enough for you, that all of a sudden you have to be with someone else?" He hit the steering with his fist. "Dammit, Aisha! I thought we were into each other. That this is what you wanted. And now?"

"Look that is her opinion, JC. I only told you what she wants for me. It's not what I want. You are my life. I love you, JC."

"No, Aisha, this is not working!" Aisha closed her eyes horrified by Jacob's attitude.

"JC, abeg no do me this."
"I'm not doing anything to you. Shebi na your mama say make you go look for perfect guy? Go and find him and take him to your mother."
"No JC, don't do this to me."
"Go find the perfect guy, Aisha. He must be out there somewhere." Aisha sniffed as tears filled her eyes. She knew JC meant every word that he always said. Jacob fired the engine and  looked at her.

"Aisha I'm tired, I want to go home." Aisha wiped her tears and without saying a word came down. She then turned and said to him,

"Then I'm also going home, JC."
"You have a club to run, and money to make." Aisha smiled at him.