Chapter 31

Jacob sat down beside Aisha with his hands to his Jaws carefully observing her. He wondered if she was alright, or simply pushing out the annoyance that she had bottled up inside her.

"Are you alright, Aisha?" Aisha frowned as she glanced at him.
"What type of question is that?" She asked.
"Na question, now."
"And how do I respond? That I'm, okay?"

"Is that how you feel?" Jacob asked, staring at her.
"My God, JC! Are you acting the part of a therapist, now?"She asked.
"No, but you telling your bodyguards to block me from going out? That is not what normal people do." Aisha laughed as she glanced at him.

"You have 20million of my money, sitting in God knows what account. Maybe your girlfriend has already spent half of the money, now. Is that what normal people do, JC?"

"I never took anything from you." He argued.
"Yes, I keep forgetting that you opened a joint account. JC Gardens and Aisha Benue Resorts. You took my money and opened an account in our name. What about the pendrive?"

"You never asked for it, Aisha. I would have given it to you." Aisha laughed and shook her head.
"Ah, Aisha you miss road, sha." She murmured. "You know, my friends are laughing at me JC. They say I am a big  disappointment to them by going out with someone below my rank and status. I have been trying my best to convince them that I love you. But what do you do? You tell your lover to drive your car down to my house. And then you take my money and spend it on her. You treat me like I am nothing. That hurts, JC."

"Aisha stop being naive, okay?" Jacob sat close to her as she bent her head down. "And stop overthinking."

"Seriously?" She asked
"If you think I don't care about you, then you're totally wrong."
"Then why are you doing this to me?" She asked.
"But, Aisha can you blame me? You met Franklin before me. I know you guys have history, but you told me he had disappeared, and that you don't know his whereabouts. And then I watch the TV and find him giving an interview. You lied to me about him. You were not sincere to me right from the beginning."

"So all this stunt you pulled on me was just because you were jealous of Franklin coming back into my life?" Jacob looked away and sighed. He wasn't jealous but he was trying his best not to get seriously involved with her. He was protecting his identity but was slowly letting his emotions take control.

"No, Aisha. I know you wouldn't betray me." Jacob embraced her as he thought about his life. He wished he could do something to turn back the hands of time and change into the person he used to be. Aisha was too dear for him to lose, but a real relationship with her was impossible without him revealing to her his true identity. "I just felt that I was losing you." Aisha looked into his eyes as he said that.

"But JC do you see me as someone who would look at another man? I have all the men I want in one man-you." Aisha gave him a kiss and smiled. "You might not be the perfect man, JC, but you've done more for me than any other man will ever do. You gave me back the smile I thought I had lost."

"Okay, stop it, Aisha."
"But it's the truth." She said.
"Don't exaggerate because just a while ago you were flirting with your ex and you were smiling."

"But JC why are you getting so obsessed with me and my ex? I mean, I can't talk for a second and the next thing I hear is,  me and my ex."

"Because you advertised it so much, like you were selling an Iphone." Aisha laughed

"Okay perhaps being a businesswoman I know how to advertise my business." She took hold of his hands and stared into his eyes.

"You make me smile everyday, JC. And when you walk away, that smile disappears."