Chapter 26

When Aisha left Franklin's office and got into her car, Franklin didn't hesitate to call her back. She left  without telling him what she had decided. Just her walking out like that angered him.

"So Aisha you had the guts to walk out on me?"
"Franklin I don't think I need your permission before I go out."

"We were having a conversation." He said.

"Franklin, that conversation ended when I realized you had nothing to offer."

"Does that mean you rejected my gift?" He asked.
"Throwing money at me? Just for us to get back, again? I didn't expect that from you." Franklin laughed and shook his head.

"Aisha, so you think that there's some perfect guy out there for you?" Aisha was shocked.

"What did you just say?"
"Yes, I mean it. If you think that there's some Mr. Right out there for you, who will support your nonsense, then open your eyes, very well." Aisha opened her mouth in awe.

"Point of correction, Franklin. I equally supported your nonsense."

"Which  means we have been supporting each other, right?"

"So what?" Aisha asked.

"A perfect relationship is built on supporting one another. You and I are perfect for each other. There are many guys out there that will beat the hell out of you." He said.

"And how does that concern you if they beat me or not?"
"I'm worried because all dis shakara wen you dey do, will just disappear." Aisha giggled. She wondered why Franklin was serious about wanting her to back.

"But Franklin, is it not the shakara that I am doing that got into your head to run after me? I was doing this same shakara when you disappeared."

"Aisha you have to grow past that and look forward. Let's turn a new page, okay?"

"Me and you, together again, Franklin? I went down that road before and I was heartbroken." Franklin suddenly became infuriated at being rejected.

"Look Aisha, if you think that I am the devil that caused the pain that you went through, then you are mistaken. I loved you, and my love was sincere. Now, some other guy means the world to you, right? But let me assure you, once he gets to know who the real Aisha Benue is, he's going to run away like I did." He cut the call leaving Aisha angry. In  her anger she sent a message to Jacob.

Thank you for messing up my life, okay? Thanks for being a coward when I needed you to be a man.

Thank you for being absent when you were supposed to be present.

And thank you for taking my money and spending it on some other babe.

Aisha sent the message and dropped her phone on the back seat while the driver kept driving. Tears filled her eyes as she realized that the one man she needed the most in her life right now, had decided to neglect her. She sniffed making the driver suspect she was crying.

"Aha, madam shebi you dey cry?" He asked. Immediately Aisha started to wipe her tears.

"Driver, abeg look where you dey go before you get accident." She said.

"No problem madam, but if you dey cry make you no cry again. Life na jeje." Aisha in between tears was beginning to get angry.

"Aha, driver?  Abi dem send you come make you sef give me wahala?"

"Ah no vex o. Na because I never see my madam cry, before. If na because of love you dey cry, no cry again." Aisha sighed and rolled her eyes. Oh my God! Seriously, even you? She thought.