Chapter 2

"He-ello?" Fiona had raised her right hand up, waving it in front of Aisha's face. Aisha however, seemed lost in thought as she focused her full attention on Jacob in a trance-like manner.

"I'd like a glass of Hennessy." Said Jacob, as he approached the bar. The bar tender promptly served him while Aisha and her friends looked on. They sat fifty meters away from the bar but had a good view of Jacob.

"Wow, see fine boy?" said Fiona. "He must be a model."
" In a three piece suit? No way, Fiona. To me he must be a yahoo boy." Said Fatiha fully certain that Jacob was an internet fraudster.
"Why? What makes you think he's into fraudulent activities?" Asked Fiona.

"He's not." Aisha said boldly, still keeping her eyes focused on him.

"Babe, the way you are looking at him? It's  too much, o." Fiona told her.

"Ah today it seems like we are watching a live movie. Abeg Aisha, tell us the title of the film." Said Fatiha. She and Fiona waited for Aisha to give them an answer. Then suddenly they got a response.

"Babes, what was the question again?" Both women rolled their eyes.

"Oh so Aisha,  you have been sleeping?" Asked Fatiha.
"Can you imagine?" Asked Fiona surprised that Aisha had not been  paying much attention to them. "So Aisha, were you not paying attention to what we were saying?"

" Look, I may have been distracted, but am I not here with you?" She asked. Then she tossed a glance once again at Jacob. The sight of him was terribly distracting her from giving her friends the attention that they needed.

"But you girls are wrong." She suddenly said.

"About what?" They both asked.
"He's not a model and neither is he an internet fraudster." Her friends raised their eyebrows in shock as they looked at her.

"Fatiha? You see wetin I dey see so?" Fiona asked.

"Aisha don't dey see vision." Said Fatiha. Both women sighed and moved closer to her.

"Then what does he do?" They both asked.

"Ladies, I don't know. But he sends cold shivers down my spine." Both women shook their heads in disbelief. They had no idea what was wrong with their friend. They only knew that she was acting quite strange. But they were in for more surprise when Aisha said something about Jacob that shocked them. " But he's dangerous."

Both women shook their heads to reinforce their conviction that truly something was really wrong with their friend. But there was nothing wrong with Aisha. She simply made a recollection of a day in her life when she was still studying in the UK. It was a rainy day in London and she had just stepped out of a shop.

The name of the shop was simply called The Bradley Tarots. It was a small picturesque shop whose owner, Miss Polly Bradley was a Tarot card reader. Aisha had visited London and was heading back to Coventry. She wanted to buy some sweet scenting incense and had entered the shop. A conversation erupted between she and the shop owner.

"Welcome, my dear. I'm Miss. Bradley." Miss Bradley had that warm welcoming smile that could persuade anyone to enter her shop and buy something.

" Thank you." Aisha said.
"So how may I help you, lovely lady?" Aisha laughed.
"Wow, thank you. I mean you, look quite charming too." Miss Bradley laughed.

"Then I guess you'd want to know why I am still Miss Bradley, right?"
"You guessed right. I mean, you seem to be a nice person." Miss Bradley folded her arms in sadness which seemed to be mixed with deep regret.

"Well love has eluded me so many times." She sighed.
"And you decided to stay single?" Asked Aisha. Miss Bradley smiled.

" I'm in my fifties. Who'd care to look at a fifty year old lady, like me?"