Chapter 34

Jacob paused to think about the likely reasons why Aisha was still attached to Franklin. He wanted to believe that it was Aisha that wanted the comeback. But she demonstrated that she didn't want to fall back into her past, again. However observing Franklin's behavior, and how he was insisting on wanting her back, he felt that there was more to the story.

"Razaq, who do you think has more to gain from the relationship?" He asked.

"You mean between your babe and her ex?"
"Yes?"
"Well, think of it this way, she's sole heiress to a billion dollar business. He's a lawyer and assuming there's going to be a written Will, he could fight to become appointed as the executor of that Will."

"Which means he's going to be the one to carry out the instructions left behind in the Will, right?" Asked Jacob.

"Yes, so he will be fully in control of the fortune, and be giving your babe small handouts." Said Razaq.

"By being her lawyer, the executor of the Will, her boyfriend or if he keeps pushing harder, her husband."

"Yep, so this guy is out to ruin your babe, or he's just looking for a way to live a comfortable life off of  her. And yet he has a wife and three kids. A boy and two twin girls." Razaq showed Jacob the photo of Franklin's family.

"So why does he want Aisha back in his life if he's a family man?" Asked Jacob somewhat confused.

"Well think of it. She's rich, single and generous, and in desperate need of love." Jacob laughed. "Except so far she's had disappointments from every man that she's met."

"Okay count me out, Razaq. I'm not Franklin." Said Jacob, interrupting him.

"That's correct but, you're much closer to her than he is. And you're thinking of leaving her."

Jacob thought for a moment over everything he and Razaq had discussed. For him it was too simple to conclude that Franklin was out to get Aisha's inheritance. However for the fact that Aisha had the money, meant that Franklin could have easy access to that money, if and when he needed it. Jacob took his phone and wrote a message to Aisha.

'Is he promising you marriage?' He sent it and then followed it up with a second message.

'If he is, I will find out. How? I don't know but I will do everything to stop him.'

Jacob sent the message and waited for her response but Aisha didn't reply back. He wasn't worried about her for now, but focused his attention on Franklin.

"Razaq I want to meet him in person." He said thinking about what to do to stop Franklin.

"Okay, where do you want to go? The house or his law firm? He's always at the firm from nine in the morning to four in the afternoon.

"Then let me visit him at the firm." Razaq wore a worried look on his face. He wasn't against his friend going to see Franklin, he was worried about how it would end for Franklin. Jacob could decide to spot on take him out.

"Ehm, Jacob?" He looked at Jacob who was preparing to go out. "Where are you going?" He asked.

"I told you I want to pay him a visit." He smiled at Razaq.
"And how will it end?" Jacob laughed.
"Razaq don't worry, nothing will happen. I mean, I'm not going to shoot him?"

"Seriously?"
"Why are you worried, Razaq?"
"Just don't make it messy." Said Razaq. Jacob left after Razaq had given him Franklin's office address. He got into his car and left the Studio and went to see Franklin. When he got to the firm he went inside and asked to see him.

"Do you have an appointment?" Asked the receptionist. Jacob gave the receptionist a prolonged stare making her fear and look away.

"I just want to leave a message. But I have to deliver it personally." The receptionist seeing his penetrating stare got up and went to Franklin's office and knocked.