A New- Old Friend

Peeves had properly scared off any students lingering in the hallway, leaving the trail to the Headmasters office clear.

Harry approached the gargoyle, giving it the password. It was Sugar Quill, which caused Rose to comment on just how different the password was for Professor Black.

When Ron asked what it had been, Rose just shook her head, "Just some pure blood bull shit, I'd really rather not get into that."

The office within was exponentially cozier than Black's was, causing Rose to ease as she entered.

"Professor Dumbledore! We have something- someone- well multiple someones actually- to show you!" Harry called out, rushing further into the office.

The man who sat behind the large desk turned to face the group, and Sebastian leaned over to Ominis, "Dumbledore. Isn't that the last name of that Gryffindor kid that Rosie has been tutoring?"

Ominis nodded, "Indeed. Maybe this is his son, or grandson."

Sebastians eyes fell to the old man behind the desk, "Merlins Beard, nope. He's ancient, that has to be him. Or maybe his brother?"

Dumbledore stood slowly, looking as if he couldn't believe what his eyes were showing him. Rosalie on the other hand, spoke a name he hadn't heard in many, many years, "Albie? Little Albie Dumbledore? Is that really you?"

A warm smile spread on the old man's face. She ran to his arms and hugged him, and in his excitement he lifted her off the ground and twirled her. Once her feet reclaimed their purchase on the floor, she held him at arms length, studying him.

It was terrifying, odd, and heartwarming all at once; just this morning she had seen the little second year Gryffindor. And here she was, only hours later, seeing him as head master of the school that to her he had only just begun.

"Albie, I must say you did not age very gracefully." She said with mock seriousness.

This caused the old man to laugh merrily, "You on the otherhand, look just like you did one hundred years ago."

None of the students in the room knew what Dumbledore did, that after being a mentor and close friend to him for a decade- Rosalie had passed away at 108, slipping through the veil peacefully in her sleep. Seeing her here, now- so young and lively brought a boyish joy to him that he hadn't felt in years.

"You know eachother, Professor?" Harry cleared his throat awkwardly.

Dumbledore smile never faded as he turned to acknowledge the rest of the group, "Indeed. Rosalie here is- or will be I suppose- one of my greatest friends."

The Gryffindors looked at eachother in amazement, but Albus continued talking, "Why don't we sit down, enjoy A nice cup of warm butterbeer, and you lot can tell me what exactly happened here."
◇◇◆◇◇◆◇◇◆◇◇◆◇◇◇◇◆

So you are telling me," Dumbledore sat back into his chair, stroking his beard, "That you three sought out the Room of Requirement for a weapon to use against Voldemort and the death earters, and you found these three?"

"Yes, Professor." Harry nodded looking over to where the slytherin trio sat, "I know it doesn't make sense, but-"

Dumbledore laughed, "On the contrary Harry. It makes the most sense anything has in a very long time."

The group of students looked over at the out of time Slytherins. Rosalie sat on a fluffy velvet chair, legs crossed. Ominis sat on the ground in front of her seat, head leaned back onto it, his blank eyes fixed to the ceiling. His elbows rested on his knees as he twirled his wand between his fingers. Sebastian stood behind her protectively, one hand on the back of the chair, the other on her shoulder. They looked almost regal. A queen on her throne surrounded by... what? Her kings? Her guardians?

"I'm afraid I don't understand, Professor." Ron chimed in almost timidly.

Ominis snorted, "Surprising."

Rosalie gently nudged Ominis with her boot, but was clearly attempting to hold back a grin.

"You wanted a weapon, the Room gave you three." Dumbledore stood, waving his wand. Infront of him, a mirage formed. It was Rose, fighting in the repository. Sebastian squeezed her shoulder, however she didn't seem too phased. She had dealt with these memories for years, and was finally at the point where the power they had over her had lessened

"Rosalie Wayland-Sharp. Two years before I started at Hogwarts, there was a goblin rebellion, as well as an evil man named Victor Rookwood. Rosie here not only took them down, but absorbed the Ancient Magic repository to protect it after in a last fit of rage, Ranrok destroyed the only other object that could contain it, much to her body's dismay. She is the last known Ancient Magic wielder and the most powerful witch I have ever met." Rosalie met the eyes of those around her, shrugging. There was no need to make a big deal over these things. What happened had happened. It wasn't great, but it was her life.

Next, the mirage swirled into smoke, then dispersed back out to a moving picture of Sebastian. Red and green lights flashed on his face, things exploding around him, "Sebastian Sallow, who almost went to the dark side. But despite it all, clawed his way back to the light. The self control of this man- well, boy now I suppose- is like no other." Dumbledore winks to Sebastian, "Plus, nobody throws a blasting curse quite like him."

Sebastian smirked a bit, shaking his head. The smoke once again spins out and regathers. It's Ominis, sitting in a field. He is wearing a white shirt, suspenders and khakis. On closer inspection, he is surrounded by puffskiens. "Ominis Gaunt."

The three Weasleys, Hermione, and Harry all let out a collective gasp. Harry's hand flicks to his side where his wand is. Poor Ominis can only hear the reaction, furrowing his brow and dropping his shoulders in sorrow. Even here, so far in the future, his last name warranted such a reaction. Rosalie and Sebastian curl their lips in a warning snarl- and blue glow emits from the girl. Her arm, they realize- it's the tattoo on her arm. Like she had told Hermione, there was no hiding her emotions. And the emotion in this case? She was pissed. If anyone made one wrong move, Hermione was afraid she would disintegrate them.

Dumbledore raised his voice, authority reigning through, "There will be none of that!" The Gryffindors ease a bit, but clearly not of there own volition. "Ominis Gaunt. The only truly pure Gaunt there ever was. He left his family after the events of their fifth year, moving into the Sallow house during breaks. He, despite all odds, turned out to be an amazing person. Powerful, sophisticated, and obviously loving." Dumbledore brought the attention back to the illusion, where Ominis was now being nuzzled by a hippogriff.

Rosalie sat up straight and giggled, "Highwing!"

Dumbledore smiled over to his old friend, "Indeed."

The Gryffindors have all relaxed, truly now. The boy infront of them, Gaunt or not, was no threat if he had no reason to be. The Weasley twins chattered to themselves, seeming rather confused.

George raised his hand as if asking for permission to speak, "If I may, sir. How come we have never seen the Gaunt name in the tales we have read about them?"

Dumbledore vanished the illusion and sat down once again, "With out revealing too much, Ominis changed his last name only a few years after separating himself from his family."

Fred's eyes widened a bit, "Ohhhh! That's why everything refers to them as the Sal-"

Hermione squealed a bit, causing everyone to jump, "Zip it!"

"Right," George said.
"Sorry." Fred finished, rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly.

"Great," Sebastain said, still not too sure of the situation at hand, "Now that you understand that we aren't to be messed with, can somebody explain this all to us? Why are we here? And what the bloody hell is a 'dark eater'?"

Ominis, Rosalie, and Hermione chime in at the same time, "Death Eater."

Hermione and Rose make eye contact and smile at each other. Sebastian rolls his eyes a bit, "Right, whatever."

Dumbledore smiles, standing from his seat, "We will explain everything once we get there."

"Get where, Professor?" Harry asks, watching as the Professor opened a cabinet, pulling out a pouch of Floo powder.

"Grimmauld place, of course. The Order of the Phoenix must convene at once!"