The Rage and the Ring

Sebastian and Rose basically razed the inside of the case to the ground, opting to start building the entire thing from scratch.

They opted to have one large building, containing several rooms. When somebody enters the case, they climb down a ladder into the main room. It was agreed upon by Sebastian and Rose that this should be the area where they store their Armour and other weapons.

"What do you think of this?" Rose asked Sebastian as she levitated the last mannequin into place.

Sebastian walked up beside her and tapped his chin, humming. He waved his wand, summoning several spotlights to point down on the mannequins- a circle of light per mannequin.

Rose rolled her eyes, but couldn't help but smirk, "You watch too much HTGV."

"HGTV." Sebastian corrected.

"It doesn't matter what it's called, you still watch too much of it." Rosalie laughed.

"I suppose you have a point. I'm not gonna stop though."

The pair also created a smaller room off of the main one where they put in small version of Hogwarts' hospital wing. It had cots, privacy curtains, and was filled with plenty of healing potions. They also made a work room, containing potions stations and planting stations. Rosalie also remembered the conjuration recipe for a loom, just like the one in her old Room of Requirement.

"That's just like the one in-" Sebastian began.

"My room of requirement." Rose nodded. Sebastian walked up beside her, lacing a hand around her waist and pulling her into his side.

She sighed and leaned her head on his chest, "Do you miss it?"

Sebastians chest reverberated as he let out a low chuckle, "The Room of Requirement? I suppose so."

She brought a hand up and lightly smacked his chest, "No you goof. Home."

Sebastian thought for a minute, "Yeah, I suppose so. I miss quidditch. Like proper quidditch."

"I miss my father," Rosalie spoke in a low, sad voice.

Sebastians arm tightened around her, his thumb running up and down in a comforting motion, "I miss it being just us. You, me, Ominis- just us against the world. As much as I like the Weasleys, a certain one gets in the way of how things were before."

Rosalie sighs, but her heart does twinge a bit. She definitely hasn't been around her boys alot recently, it was unnatural, "Seb, Bill treats me well. It's not like it will last forever... when we go home I won't remember him."

Sebastian looked down at the girl, and she looks back up at him. His hazel eyes told her that there was something he wanted to say, but he didn't. The only words that left his mouth- which didn't even begin to skim the surface of the words he wanted to say- was, "He's not good for you. He holds you back. Hell, everyone here holds you back- US back. We could have taken care of all of this by now."

Rosalie hummed, not wanting to admit that she agreed that the Order was holding them back. The thought often grazed her mind, and she would quickly attempt to bat it away. It was always there though, the dark little voice saying that she could end it all.
Sebastian was the one that brought out the darker side in her. He was far from evil of course, but he was the one who didn't care about societal expectations or moral obligations.

"But we are now." The girl spoke as she straightened out of Sebastians arms. "That's literally why we are down here."

She walked away and began to plant seeds in the planters, and Sebastian followed her, "That's only because he's 'allowing' you to. If it comes to it, we both know he'd rather let you die than use an unforgivable curse."

Rosalie drops the pack of seeds harshly onto the planting table, spinning around to face Sebastian. He was closer than she had realized, only a foot or so away, "Sebastian, he wouldn't-"

Now inches away, Rosalie pressed back into the table a bit in attempt to distance herself. Sebastians voice was dark, "Oh but he would. He'd let you die." He was close enough for her to feel the heat radiating off of his body as his lips brushed against her ear as he whispered, "I'd kill for you. I'd go to Azkaban for you." His face was only mere centimeters from her own as his eyes bore into hers with such dark integrity, "I'd do anything for you."

She couldn't help herself as her eyes flickered down to his lips. He began to lean in, and she made no move to stop him. Did she want him to stop?

"Rosie?" Bills voice called from above, causing the pair to snap out of their trance. Rosalie shot Sebastian a meaningful look as she slid passed him and made her way towards the ladder.

Sebastian didn't turn to watch her leave, not being able to stand the sight of her walking away from him once again.
♡♡♥︎♡♡♥︎♡♡♥︎♡♡♥︎♡♡♥︎♡♡♥︎♡♡♥︎♡♡♥︎
A few days passed, most of them spent in the case, training or brewing potions.

Sebastian hadn't really spoken to Rosalie since their almost-kiss, nor had he spoken to Bill.

Rosalie had once again found herself out in her garden when an owl swooped down and landed infront of her, holding a finely folded parchment in its beak. She took it, thanking the owl before it flew off. She was surprised to see the wax seal of Hogwarts, and opened it fervently.

My dearest friend,

There are matters at hand that we must discuss, and I am afraid that such sensitive matters mustn't be relayed on parchment.

I ask you to come to my office via floo flame as soon as you are able. I would also appreciate it if you could smuggle some of Molly's homemade cookies with you.

Lemon drops,

Albus Dumbledore

Rosalie smiled at the note, seeing he signed it the way they used to when she tutored him. They'd always sign off using a different kind of candy, finding anything like, 'sincerely' or 'yours truly' way to formal.

Yet deep within her, something felt off. While others would say that she had a gut feeling, she knew better. It was the ancient magic dwelling in her soul that was thrashing with unrest, reacting to.... something.

She studied the parchment again, and with sickening jolt, she realized the dark smudges that occasionally littered the paper were not ink.

They were traces of magic- lingering remains of something very, very dark.
◇◇◆◇◇◆◇◇◆◇◇◆◇◇◆◇◇◆◇◇◆◇◇

Dumbledore sat in his office, absent-mindedly playing with the ring that sat upon his blackened fingers. He knew that he had made a foolish mistake, but it was too late to go back. He would be dead by the end of the school year anyway, seeing as Voldemort had planned it so. The pieces of the game were all falling into place, and now- now he needed to tell his oldest friend the this that would be coming to pass.

The fire in the fireplace roared with green flames, and the figure of a young woman stepped out of them.

She wore black skinny jeans and dark emerald tank top, allowing Dumbledore to see the tattoo of ancient magic swirling over her arm.

"Miss Wayland," he smiled at her jovially, knowing full well she could sense not only his sour mood, but the darkness exuding off of the horcrux on his hand. "I'm glad to see you have quickly grown accustomed to modern fashion."

The girl walked over to the man, eyeing his hand as she sat in the chair across from him, "Cut the shit Albie. You want to tell me what the hell that is on your hand?"

He sighs, "I suspected you'd be able to sense that."

"Sense it?" She scoffs, "I can see it. The darkness radiating from that thing is swallowing half the light in this room. And the green swirls in it... what the hell is that thing?"

"This, my dear, is the Gaunt family ring. Not only is it cursed, but a Horcrux as well. It is the reason I am going to soon die."

______________________________________