Ancient Magic and the Almost Kiss.

"Alright, this is were one is supposed to be," Rosalie hollered back to the boys as they rode their brooms across the wilderness of England.

Ominis, it appears, was a natural born flier. Sure, we was a bit shaky at takeoff and landing, but for learning only a few days ago? The lad was an expert.

They dipped their brooms down, landing in a barren woodland field. It was rather cold for the end of October, but it was nothing a pair of gloves and a scarf couldn't fix.

She landed, and looked around as the three landed with behind her. "Coast seems clear."

"Ghost," Sebastian corrects her, casually running a hand through his hair.

She stops and turns to look at him, "What?"

"Ghost," he says as if it's obvious, "it's 'the ghost is clear'."

"Why the hell would it be-?" She shook her head, "Why would it be ghost? Ghosts are always clear?"

"And how does 'coast' make sense?" He puts his hands stubbornly on his hips, "Coasts are never clear."

"She's right mate," Ominis chimed in.

Sebastian whirled around, "How would you know? How weren't able to see coasts or ghosts until a few days ago!"

Rosalie burst out laughing, and Ominis shook his head failing to hide the smirk on his face, "whatever you say, Seb. Why don't you and Bill go canvas the area and look for potion ingredients?"

Sebastian looks at Bill and mutters, "They're only changing the subject because I'm right."

Bill laughs and follows Sebastian into the woods, shooting a wink over his shoulder to Rosalie.

The pair watch as the other two dissapear into the tree line, before Rosalie speaks, "It should be right over there, near that huge tree."

Ominis's eyes follow to where she's pointing, and she notices for the first time How nervous he seems. She puts a hand on his shoulder, "Hey, it's okay. If you don't want to do this, you don't have to."

Ominis brought his hand up to rest on hers as he looked down at her, "No. You've carried this burden alone for too long. I finally have the chance to help you." He dropped his hand and turned toward the tree, "Now, how do I do this?"

"Just walk over there, you'll see." He laces fingers through hers, and they begin toward the tree.

Ominis jumps a bit as the wisps of ancient magic begin trailing from their footsteps, and he pauses to look to Rose.

"Follow them," she gently encourages, slipping her hand from his.

There's a brief moment where he hesitates, unsure, that Rosalie thought he may change his mind. But that first step forward comes, then the next, and the next. Soon, he's where he needs to be.

Rosalie approaches him, and he looks at her, "What do I do now?"

She gestures to the pool of ancient magic on the ground- this has to be the largest hotspot she's ever seen, "Pull it, let it know you see it."

His eyes show the slightest hint of fear as he pleads to her, "Help me."

She nods, approaching him. She kneels beside him, wand out and he copies her. She feels his fingers once again intertwine with her free hand, and she looks into his eyes. Deep blue hidden behind a milky glaze, the reflection of the magic pooled beneath them making them appear like galaxies. He nods, indicating that he's ready, and together they pull their wands up.

The magic stretches and stretches as the stand and pull their arms back further and further....

Then it snaps. There's a flash, and Ominis turns to her, not letting go of her hand, "Was that it? Did it work?"