Truth Comes Out

Rosalie was off of the floor and up the stairs before anyone could blink. She dashed inhumanly fast into the Twin's apartment, the brief flood of magic extinguishing most of the alcohol in her veins.

Her head still buzzed, but at this point she wasn't sure if it was because of the alcohol, the magic, or the realization of her future.

She heard footsteps as they approached the door to the flat. She knew someone would follow her, although she was surprised to turn and see none other that Harry Potter and Ron Weasley come through the door.

Ron closed the door behind him, turning to cast a muffling charm on the door. Rose smirked sourly- she liked Ron. He could be smart when he wanted to be.

Harry slowly approached Rosalie, as if she were a wounded animal, "Rosie."

Her eyes flicked to him, and he flinched backwards a bit as her eyes and the tattoo adorning her arm flashed blue, "Did you know?"

Harry looked nervously to Ron, then his eyes met Rosalies again, "Yes."

There was a hair raising spark of power, and something behind Rosalie shattered. She didn't bother to watch the coffee pot as in teeters in pieces on the ground, but Ron sure did.

Instead, her eyes pierced Harry. He noticed the tears rimming her eyes and realized that she wasn't mad... no. She was sad. Scared. Betrayed.

Her voice wavered as she spoke, "Why didn't you tell me, Potter? Why did you let me be with Bill that entire time? Why- just why?"

Harry approached slowly, wrapping his arms around the girl. A sense of relief, despite himself, came over him as she leaned into his embrace.

He spoke carefully and warmly, watching over Rosalies head as Ron moved to pick up the shattered pieces of glass, "Because, love. Both you and Bill knew that what you had was temporary. I can't ruin your fun because of a set future." Harry ran a hand down her frizzy hair, "Hell. You know when you die. You know you don't have children. You never let that change your course... why should you let this?"

Rose sighed, "You're right. I just wish someone would have told me." She stood, leaving Harry's embrace and turning to Ron, "I'll fix that pot, Ron. But thank you."

Ron was shocked at first as Rose pulled him into a tight embrace, but wrapped his arms around her after a moment.

◇◇◆◇◇◇◆◇◇◇◆◇◇◇◆◇◇◇◆◇◇◇◆
The three slytherins returned to their sleeping quarters in their briefcase after ensuring that the Aurors got the students back into the castle safely.

The room of which they had designed for themselves was simple. Dark wooden floors and emerald green walls. A heater in the center of the room which the three four poster beds all faced. It was reminiscent of a Slytherin dorm- a slice of home.

"So are we going to talk about this?" Ominis finally breaks the silence from where he sat on the edge of his bed.

Sebastian hummed from where he lay stomach down  on his, lazily watching his arm dangle over the side- his fingertips brushing the wood grain with a quiet hiss on each pass through. He sighed, "What is there to talk about, mate? If we end up together, we end up together. No sense in analyzing it."

Rosalie brushed her hair infront of the tall mirror, casually glancing over her reflections shoulder to watch the boys. She took a deep breath, "We shouldn't rush anything, obviously. For starters, things have to happen naturally- I'm sure forcing it isn't good. Also, it's not like we will remember any of this when we return, yeah?"

The boys nodded, then Sebastian started chuckling. Rose placed the hairbrush down and turned to the boys. Ominis shot her a look that clearly showed his concerned for Sebastians sanity as the boy began to laugh harder and harder.