The Calm Before

Warning- slight spice. Slight.

When Rosalie awoke the next morning, the anger and stress from the day before had seemingly evaporated. Like a switch, her body had decided that today? She did not give a single shit.

She knew things were close to going to seed- soon Dumbledore would be dead, whether from the curse or a death eater. Draco was most certainly up to... something. And eventually this entire flaming dumpster was going to come to a head... and there was nothing she could do to stop it.

Not a damn thing. So today? She didn't give a shit.

She woke with the sun rise, the Weasleys newly gotten chickens crooning with its arrival. She stretched, swinging her feet onto the hard wooden floor.

She had laid clothes out the night before, her usual mainly black ensemble- but she trodded right passed it where it sat folded on the dresser, opting instead to pull a dress from her closet.

It had been forever since she wore a dress, or anything that wasn't strictly practical. Sure, her gear that Xavier had created was fashionable, but the dress shoved into the back of the closet by months of neglect was different. This dress was her saying, 'Today, everything is okay.'

The dress was made of a light cotton, dyed or charmed to be a earthen brown color. The sleeves were only about an inch thick, exposing her shoulders. The hem of the dress brushed the floor lightly, the bodice tight before her hips, where the material cascaded down.

Using her wand, she lengthened her hair, braiding it over her shoulder so that it fell to just above her belly button. She glanced at herself in the mirror, wiggling her nose a bit as she conjured more freckles onto her sun kissed nose. Rosalie smiled, deciding that she looked rather cute. Even with the scars and tattoo that marred  her arm.

No one was awake in the burrow as she padded her way into the kitchen. Wanting to keep it that way, she used her magic to sound proof the room.

It had been forever since she properly cooked a full breakfast, but she was confident in her abilities. The house elves of Hogwarts had taught her well.

When she  cooked or baked, she opted against using magic, sparing it only for things like summoning a bowl or two.

She mixed dough for scones, placing them in the oven before heading out to gather more eggs. A task that while it should be easy, proved rather difficult.

"Ouch," Rose hissed pulling her finger away from the broody hen, "You little bitch. I should cook you for breakfast instead."

A chuckle from behind her startled her, causing her to jump, bumping her head off of the coop, "Ouch. Mother F-"

"You need a little help, love?" Sebastians tone held nothing but amusement.

Rosalie handed the basket to Sebastian, holding her hands up in surrender and backing away, "Have at it. If they peck out your eyes, I warned you."

Sebastian chuckled at the girl, shaking his head while he took the basket. She watched in awe and horror as she reached in, gently petting the hens. He cooed sweetly to them, gently taking the eggs.

He turned to Rosalie triumphantly holding up the basket, laughing as she gaped at him in disbelief,  "If you just show them a little love, you'll get what you want."

A mischievous grin spread across Rosalies face, "Oh? So that's how you get all of your lovers."

Sebastian smirked as he gently placed the basket of eggs on the ground, and Rosalie knew she was in for it. She slowly pulled her skirt up to an easier length for her to run.

Sebastian charged at her, laughing as she squealed and took off into the dewy field.

"You can't run forever, Darling," he called out, only meters behind her.

She squealed at his proximity, and there was a blue flash as she used a burst of ancient magic to dash forward at inhuman speeds.

Sebastian shouted, "Oh no you don't!" Before drawing power from the ring to do the same.

With a thud, he tackles her to the soft grass, silently thanking Merlin that the spot was dried from the sun. He landed on top of her, carefully propping himself up by his elbows on either side of her head.

She smiled up at him as she gasped for air, studying his face. The golden morning light back-lit him, creating a golden halo around him. Her eyes flickered from freckle to freckle, landing on his eyes- eyes that were already fixated on her lips. He ran his bottom lip between his teeth, seemingly attempting to restrain himself.

His eyes flickered to hers, and all semblance if control shattered, "Fuck it," he whispered, his voice low and airy.

He lowered his face to hers, his lips smashing into her own. He tugged at her bottom lip with his teeth, feeling her back arch as she moaned quietly.

He chuckled, deepening the kiss. She allowed it, allowing his tongue to explore her mouth. He kept himself propped up over her with one arm, allowing the other to roam up and down her body.

Sebastians lips left hers, instead finding her neck as his knee moved between her thighs, hooking up under one of her legs to spread them wider.

"Fuck, Sebastian," she moaned, joy lacing each syllable. Then she tensed.

Sebastian pulled away, hovering over her, his face filled with concern, "What is it? What's wrong?" 

She sheepishly covered her face, "I left scones in the oven."

He began laughing, relief that she wasn't upset with him and love for her silliness flooding him, "Well, you better go," He rolled off of her and into the grass, "I don't want to have to rebuild the Burrow again."

Rosalie rushed to her feet, running off in the direction of the burrow. She stopped, turning to look at the boy she  had just been laying with, "Seb?" He hums in response, "Thank you."

◇◇◇◆◇◇◇◆◇◇◇◆◇◇◇◆◇◇◇◆◇◇◇
Sebastian had caught up to her by the time they made it to the burrow door, the two of them bursting into the kitchen expecting to see smoke.

Instead, they found Ominis, sitting cross legged at the table, loudly sipping his coffee as he raised an eyebrow as he took in the sight of the pair. Faces flush, lips and swollen.

"If you're here for the scones, I took them out while you two were snogging out there," Ominis teases.

Rosalie blushes, taking the basket of eggs from Sebastian, carrying them over to the counter to begin cooking.
Sebastian and Ominis talk quietly among themselves as Rosalie works.

Someone approaches behind her, front mere millimeters away from her back as the pale slender hand places a mug of coffee infront of her.

Ominis's hand rests gently on her hip as he presses himself against her back and rests his chin on her shoulder. She shivers at the feeling of her breath against her ear as he whispers, "You look beautiful today, darling," she chokes on air as lip lips brush her ear, "I'm just incredibly envious that Sebastian got to you first." His lips press gently to her jaw, just beneath her ear, "It'll be my turn soon enough."

His presence leaves, leaving her suddenly cold- frozen and staring at the sizzling eggs infront of her wide eyed.

Rosalies heart pounded with a fervor akin to that of a hummingbirds wings, and she blinked. These boys would be the death of her.
______________________________________
A/n: I'm so sorry it took me a while to upload. Life has been rather hectic lately, but I promise I'll be back on schedule, and hopefully even make up for lost time. As always, thank you all for your support! 🖤🖤🖤