Ancient Magic Hunting

"Are you sure it's even here?" Sebastian grumbled as the trio tredged their way through a less frequented section in the Forest of Dean.

"For the last time Sebastian," Ominis glared over his shoulder at the whining boy, "According to the map, there is a clearing up ahead. It will be there."

Rosalie travelled infront of the bickering boys, not making a sound as she traversed the forest floor. She was busy focusing on the well of magic within her, which thrummed with a growing fierceness as they neared the Ancient Magic Hot Spot.

The group again travelled in silence for a few moments- that is, until Sebastian started to sing under his breath. His tune grew louder and louder, and it became clear to Rosalie that he was looking for a reaction, likely out of Ominis.

Ominis, to his credit, held himself together for longer than Rosalie expected. Just as Ominis turned to Sebastian to inform him that he was about to rip out his tongue and shove it up his ass, Rosalie spotted the clearing.

"There!" She cheered, her brisk walk turning into a sprint. The boys follow quickly behind her, whether out of excitement or the fear of her getting too far away from them is up to interpretation.

As they neared, the tell tale hum began as wisps of magic left the ground where their feet contacted. Sebastian, who couldn't see this all happening, felt his ring buzzing. He looked down to notice that the closer he got to the source, the Onyx band began to glow, just as Rosalie and Ominis's tattoos did.

They stopped, glancing at the ground where they all knew the well of power to be.

"You wish to do the honors?" Ominis gestured ahead, glancing at Rosalie.

She jokingly curtsied, "It would be my honor, such a gentleman you are."

Sebastian rolled his eyes impatiently, but the small smile on his face didn't go unnoticed.

The boys watched as Rose knelt to the ground, taking her wand out and go through the motions. The air around them 'snapped' in a way that even Sebastian felt.

"Now what?" He looked up at Ominis expectantly.

"Now we have to collect the traces she just released," Ominis gestured around, "There's two over in that tree over there, one just past the tree line and-"

"One in that flower patch over there," Sebastian stared wide eyed across the meadow.

"You can see that?" Rosalies brow crinkled, as she walked to stand beside Sebastian.

"Not very well," Sebastians expression grew from confused to elated, "But I can. It looks like the haze of heat on a summers day...just blue."

Rosalie squeals, jumping up and down, tackling Sebastian into a hug, "Oh my gods, this is amazing Seb." She released him, pushing him toward the patch of flowers eagerly, "Go, go. Collect your first trace."

The boy stumbled forward, looking back over his shoulder towards his friends, "How... how do I do that?"

Ominis grinned widely at his oldest friend, "Just touch it, you'll understand."

◇◇◆◇◇◆◇◇◆◇◇◆◇◇◆◇◇◆◇◇◆◇◇

There was a quick succession of three cracks as they apperated back to the burrow. Poor Molly had been washing dishes in the newly reconstructed home, and tossed a teacup into the air as they startled her.

The teacup froze in the air just before it hit the ground, and a sheepish looking Sebastian summoned it into his hand before handing it back to Molly, "Sorry Ma'am."

Molly snatched it, eyeing the boy, "Notice you only call me ma'am when you are trying not to get in trouble."

Sebastian rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly, "Sorry, ma-" Molly shot him a look that caused Ominis and Rosalie to laugh, "Sorry."

She turned back to the sink as she spoke to the kids, "How did it go? Did you find it?"

Rosalie slipped off her muddy boots, tossing them out onto the porch steps, "Took quite a while, but yes."

"I'm glad you found it," Molly smiled. Then she sighed, "So, I've heard from Charlie."

"Oh? How is he?" Rose asked as she took a tea towel and began drying the dishes.

"Apparently, he has began dating Flem," she cleared her throat, "Excuse me, I mean Fleur."

"Bills ex?" Rosalie asked, shock laced in her voice.

"The exact one," Molly nodded.

"I bet Billy Boy is pissed about that," Sebastian chuckled.

Rose glared over her shoulder, "Shouldn't you go bathe or something."

Sebastian raised his hands in surrender and backed up to the stairs. Ominis followed him up, turning back to mouth a 'sorry'.

"Sebastians right though," Molly sighed after the boys had cleared, "Bills upset. Apparently he and Fleur had been growing closer, and he thought things would be rekindled."

Rose's heart hurt a bit as she shook her head, "You know I really did care about him. I still do. It hurts me that he's upset."

Molly smiled sadly at the girl, "I know dear. It's odd, though. Something deep down inside of me really feels like Bill and Fleur were meant to be." She shook her head, as if shaking out her thoughts, "What am I saying? I sound crazy."

"Maybe you're from another universe," Rose chuckled, wiggling her fingers at Molly, "Where Bill and Fleur were happily married."

Molly stole the towel from Rose, snapping it playfully at her. Rose continued though in a spooky voice, "And they lived in a cottage," another snap as Molly chased her from the kitchen, "By the beeeeaaaacchhhh."

Rose dodged the last snap of the towel as she ran up the stairs. The burrow was filled with their laughter.

Although she tried to play it off, the thought did gnaw at Rosalie. Something did feel slightly off- as if things had shifted... maybe things weren't as they were meant to be.

And maybe it was because the three of them were here.

She shook her head as she entered her bedroom. She was being ridiculous.

Right?

______________________________________
A/n: I'm so sorry it took so long for this chapter. I originally had another one half way done, but didn't like where is was going. So I had to restart.

______________________________________